Author Topic: Xmas & New Year  (Read 2151 times)

Offline happytrucker

Xmas & New Year
« on: December 03, 2006, 20:05:10 PM »
We are flying out the 29 Dec for a week ,wondering what to pack, swimming trunks or longjohns,would be greatful for tips

Chris/ Marg  (happytucker)[?]

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Xmas & New Year
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 20:15:52 PM »
Would think the long johns will be more welcome!! But you may still be able to swim in the sea if the weather stays nice. Have a great time.

Offline Linda

Xmas & New Year
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 20:53:37 PM »
Going on previous experience, you have got to come prepared for all eventualities, we have had a week of torrential rain and have been barbying on the beach the next year  :o

I suggest lots of layers for day and warmer clothes for night  8)

Offline Talk Turkey

Xmas & New Year
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 21:53:05 PM »
Chris & Marg,

In view of the fact you have posted your message on the Ovacik section of the forum I take it you will be staying in that area? My wife and I stayed in Ovacik for two weeks over Christmas and the New Year last year.

We may have been fortunate in so much as it did not rain too much during our stay. The days were great, just like an English spring day, BUT the nights were bl**dy cold!

Last Boxing day I was fishing from a boat in the sea at Olu Deniz in a tea shirt. Similarly, a couple of days later I was walking around Fethiye town in similar atire.

At night time though,when going out for something to eat, it was ski jacket, wooley hat, scarf & gloves!

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay and it's great going into the different bars, meeting the locals and warming your cockles by the heat of the fire. Regards TT  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf