Author Topic: Boiler Checks  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Mishy

Boiler Checks
« on: December 15, 2006, 16:17:13 PM »
We have been sent an email by our maintenance company offering the full works for a boiler check Price £15.00 However we are  wondering if it is worth it the Villa was completed in July (off plan property). We own property here in U.K which we rent out and are responsible for Gas safety checks e.t.c. If we accept the maintenance and a fault /faults are found then surly we are covered by guarantee or am I being naive???

Michelle

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Boiler Checks
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 17:18:24 PM »
I have yet to find the same service of "servicing" a boiler beit electric or gas, here in Turkey as that of the UK;  ours is serviced by the "Baymark" engineer we still dont get a certificate, just a bill of 20-30TL.  
Is the maintenance company sending out a qualified gas or electricity engineer? or just sending out one of their employees from the office to "flick" a switch or 2?

And in answer to your question should one be sent out to an appliance less than a year old, that is up to you. warranties are as good as the builder who fitted it, if it breaks down in that year will they fix it? some do some dont.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Boiler Checks
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 17:43:34 PM »
Does a 12 month warranty cover the relatives of someone killed by carbon monoxide poisoning?

Even if you don't get a certificate, a bill will at least show that you made some kind of effort in the event of a tragedy.

That's me looking on the bright side ! LOL

Offline Talk Turkey

Boiler Checks
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 12:20:25 PM »
I'm bringing mine out with me next week. Where do I take her to be checked! He,He. TT.  8)

Offline davewalsh

Boiler Checks
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 15:57:21 PM »
Sounds like Nicholas. We have had a request from them as well to add this to our annual maintenance schedule. Our place is nearly two years old so we said yes. Its a blanket e-mail and if your villa is only 6 months old I wouldn't bother. One added bonus of this was that they sent out a distribution list of all the owners in our complex. I think that this list may come back to haunt them in the future!
Our electrical boilers are not in the rooms, they are in a little alcove off the roof terrace so not especially dangerous. I am more bothered about them freeezing than anything else given the frosts that abound in Hisaronu. We turn the water off at the mains when we leave in October, not sure whether thats the right thing to do but it puts my mind at rest

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf