Author Topic: Arriving on Saturday  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Melanie

Arriving on Saturday
« on: March 26, 2007, 21:13:38 PM »
Hello there.....we were meant to be arriving in Calis on Saturday, but have just been informed that nothing's open in Calis so the holiday company have swapped us to the Seyir in Ovacik!

I'd be really grateful of any gorgeous things around Ovacik (I know it's not far from Calis, but the change of location has put a slightly different slant on things at such short notice).  

Also, has anyone had any experiences of the Seyir?

Many thanks,
Melanie

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Arriving on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 21:33:11 PM »
There is certainly a lot more open in Calis than Ovacik!

Offline sooty

Arriving on Saturday
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »
Hopefully by the weekend there will be more shops open in Ovacik, they are frantically getting everything ready for then because it is the school holidays in England for Easter.  Really can not understand why they have swopped your resort though because there is lots open in Calis moreso than Ovacik.  Sorry dont have any experiences of the Seyir.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Arriving on Saturday
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »
Check Holidays uncovered Melanie There are afew varied reports on there.  Is it your choice to move or the holiday companies.

Offline Melanie

Arriving on Saturday
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 17:18:13 PM »
Thankyou for your replies :D

Actually.....partner's just elaborated that the travel company moved us because our hotel in Calis wasn't ready to open this Saturday :o

I'm quite happy seeing as Ovacik is so quiet and mountainous and lovely as long as the dolmus is running and we can explore other places...........(Is it running???)

Can anyone recommend authentic lovely eateries near by?
Many thanks,
Melanie

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Arriving on Saturday
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 20:03:55 PM »
PASHA SOFRESI will probably be open. It is traditional turkish, has the little old lady making the pancakes and is opposite the Nicholas Homes office on the main Ovacik - Hisaronu road., a couple of minutes on the right hand side of the road,before u arrive at the junction into Hisronu. We eat there a lot when we are out - the staff are just so friendly and throughout season you can get a three course meal for £6, so hopefully you can get the same at this time of year. You should also make the effort to travel into Kaya Koy to eat - KKOB will be better equipped to advise on this, but I am sure the Cinbal will be open - and you couldnt get any more traditional or authentic than this!! Not sure where the Seyir is = but I am sure you will have a lovely time.  We were out last week of October last year and I suspect it is pretty similar to going this week, i.e.. english holiday time at the beginning/end of the season.  You will get loads of bargains and be welcomed everywhere.
spend some evenings down in Fethiye - everywhere will be open down there.... have fun

Offline Melanie

Arriving on Saturday
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 21:18:30 PM »
Thankyou Sue  :)
Do the dolmus run regularly at this time of year do you know?
Thanks again!
Melanie

Offline Andrew H

Arriving on Saturday
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 23:30:29 PM »
Hi Melanie

We got back last week from our place in Ovacik. Yes it was quiet but the dolmus was running to Calis etc.

The sea breeze apartments hotel in Ovacik  has a nice indoor pool if your pool isn't ready.Also a couple of places in Olu Deniz were on the point of opening and the market on Monday in Ovacik was there so not all bad news.

Have a great time

Offline amanda bullock

Arriving on Saturday
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 23:41:29 PM »
hi melanie,we were in olu deniz in october and it was lovely.not busy but still nice.I've got to wait 8 weeks yet.Have a lovely time.hope you meet some cbf members out there.
Amanda B.PS Fethiye is really nice down by the harbour but no beach.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Arriving on Saturday
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 05:44:06 AM »
The dolmuses run all year round, so no problems there.

Cin Bal, Oba Kebab, Casper's, Posiedon, Antik and Bulent's have been open all year. Some of the others have been open at weekends only. I don't think the others are planning to open fully until 6th April which is Good Friday.

There are several restaurants already open in Hisaronu and Ovacik now. Just be aware that some are pricing in £s this year so the food isn't necessarily the bargain that you think it is. Unless it's very clear on the menu ask if it's £s or YTL.

The road improvements from Ovacik down into Olu Deniz won't be completed until May and it can be a bit scarey at times. But then, some people go and pay big money for a ride like that at Alton Towers !
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 05:45:04 AM by KKOB »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf