Author Topic: Deliktas  (Read 15606 times)

Offline amanda bullock

Deliktas
« on: April 18, 2007, 12:21:23 PM »
Hi,This is Amanda B.Glad to see the Deliktas area has it's own little section.
Does anyone on the forum live out there permenantly?or have apartment.
Could do with an update on the building work around there.Also is the little shop (Turkish) in the middle still there?
Amanda B

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 15:16:30 PM »
Hi Amanda.  I was out 10 days ago. If you email me via profile I can send you a picture of latest on building works. We are in Forest Hill Houses. The new little shop is still there and my youngest was forever running down the hill to buy chocolate bars.  

Latest on dolmus is that it is not going to run up the valley until next year and when it does it will be a new service provider managed by Fethiye Council (so they get the money).

One of my neighbours asked the Mayor live on TV about a month ago when the roads would be completed. He said 2008 - but I am sceptical as they still have to complete 'The Viewpoint' (dont want to discuss that topic again!) and there are still apartment blocks to be completed behind us for the Judge and key staff for new Fethiye Courts. However, once these are completed I bet things start to move a lot more quickly!

Offline miaspyro

Deliktas
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 11:40:09 AM »
Hi i live opposite the green valley complex.  There seems to be a lot going on at the moment, with new water pipes being installed, i think that makes about 3 time the road has been dug up over the last few months.  We all got excited when the road was flattened a while back, however it seems it was only done to make it easier to dig it up again.  Still that's life here in green valley.  
We have at last got road numbers, and many of the apartment blocks have been given numbers, so we can give directions on where we live! and we will be found (well hopefully).
There is a new shop at the bottom through the village on the middle road, seems very competitively priced, and all staff very pleasant.
So really life goes on as normal here, we are all very happy, but haven't got a clue whats happening.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 12:23:58 PM »
The other recent development a few weeks ago was the telephone poles and cables going up .  Soon (I hope) we will all be able to rely on more than mobile phones.

Offline amanda bullock

Deliktas
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 13:38:40 PM »
Thanks for all info,it's nice to know whats happening.It will be good to have a road number at last.No one can ever find ours.Will the building work be stopping for summer or will it be that awful "pick,pick,pick" on the hillside all the time?Any photo's welcome of area.Doug sent me a good one.(happy monday)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 20:32:15 PM »
Mandy - thanks for the mail. I laughed when I read your description 'pick, pick, pick' as that is exactly the noise made all last Summer! Never mind, we will soon be there.

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Deliktas
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 21:29:40 PM »
We have just had a neighbour come back from the Green Valley Complex (where we obviously have our place!)a few days ago - and he said that the roads were done up as far as we are!  I seriously cannot wait now until June - when we next go!  I agree with the 'pick,pick,pick' Amanda!  Apparently it seems to be getting a little less now - and the places on the side of the mountain (the municipality places) are almost finished.   We were worried about them being a bit of an eyesore - but it seems they are not too bad!.  We have been told about the roads - and also the bridges that are popping up too over the natural waterflow down from the mountain.  Just wish that they would stop building though - as there are so many places - and not enough people to buy them!   Fantastic news also about the road numbers - we have some Turkish friends that live in the Katman Apartments - and the post does not get there even now!  Perhaps that now we have some recognition - some post may soon get through!???????????

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 23:05:07 PM »
Hi Kirby - are you sure about the roads? When we were there less that 2 weeks ago nothing had started and if anything they were in a worse state than last October when at least gravel had been put down on the potholes.  It was a lot quieter although they have only just started on the Viewpoint so that may be the background noise this year.

Offline amanda bullock

Deliktas
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 11:26:06 AM »
I know I missed it,but can you fill me in on the viewpoint?Very nice to have a local chat by the way!
Amanda b
We over in June by the way.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »
Hi Mandy. The photo that I sent you shows Green Valley just after they put in the new bridge two weeks ago. The development behind this is the municipal development that drove us crazy last year. Around the corner to your right on the hillside is The Viewpoint now partly built. Large pool but shared by over 100 apartments and on a near vertical hillside. If you use search on 'the viewpoint' you will see that there was a bit of a debate on this a week or so ago. I would not buy from this development until fully built, roads done and the cable car up and running. Otherwise could be a nightmare there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf