Author Topic: 6 WEEKS TO GO  (Read 3503 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
6 WEEKS TO GO
« on: May 27, 2007, 18:24:21 PM »
Raining as usual in Huddersfield so thought we had better get on with one of our few last jobs to be done before our move. Must admit we have been putting it off. We decided to have a sort through our photo's cards etc. Can't believe how long we kept some of them. We got 2 shoe boxes for our grown up kids and put their own photo's in each box along with their own school reports, paintings etc. We started this job at 11.a.m and finished around 7.a.m. We have had a good old wallow and had tears in our eyes at some things but at least it is done. Now we can look to the future. Any more photo's can be stored on disc. What a shame that this option wasn't open to us all those years ago. We have our last box of treasures ready for the hospice. Now we are just waiting for the sale of our house to be finalised and Fethiye here we come.!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
6 WEEKS TO GO
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 18:56:14 PM »
It must seem really strange - but hey - blue skies - lovely people - good food - not feeling intimidated when you walk out in the evening - affordable cost of living and the kids only 4 hours away!

Hope all goes well - I am sure it will

Ian  :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
6 WEEKS TO GO
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 19:09:00 PM »
All these memories that come flooding back with the photos!!!
My mother-in-law did that after my dad-in -law died. She dished out some photos.  She also put our names on all the ornaments that we have given her so we get them back.
We told our kids about it and you should have seen their faces when they picked up an ornament:D
Good luck with your move.

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
6 WEEKS TO GO
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 20:09:05 PM »
Enjoy your last few weeks in UK and good luck with the move.
After the business,house etc etc had been sold we spent the last two weeks as tourists in London.
Although born there saw many things we had missed as always to busy, like going to the top of St Pauls Cathedral something I hadnt done since school days.
The final flight out is a great experience, the cats were booked on the same flight, everything in order, goodbyes done, then spent an hour in sheer panic looking everywhere for lost passports.
They turned up in exactly the place they should have been but missed on first look.
Enjoy the trip

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
6 WEEKS TO GO
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 06:38:12 AM »
Anne and Barry.....Take it easy you will soon be HOME. :) :)

Offline teresa321

6 WEEKS TO GO
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 09:08:41 AM »
Good luck for the future.

Offline diamond

6 WEEKS TO GO
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 14:06:20 PM »
Good luck to you both on your move

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
6 WEEKS TO GO
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 22:29:11 PM »
good luck to the future...........it will be our dream one day soon I hope just need a few more pennies

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
6 WEEKS TO GO
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 23:17:20 PM »
Best wishes for the big move !

I cant imagine why you would want to leave sunny Huddersfield for the 'frozen wastes' of Calis (actually I can)

Good luck and enjoy the next phase of your lives ,from one West Yorkshire-ite to another :)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
6 WEEKS TO GO
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »
Good luck for the future, from a Mancunian who has made the move, fair enough i,ve only been here since Thursday, but it was worth going through it all. Alan
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:37:13 AM by number2 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf