Author Topic: New Member Intro and tips needed  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Lakers

New Member Intro and tips needed
« on: June 14, 2007, 21:04:04 PM »
Hi

Everyone, just confirmed I am now a proud home owner in Ovacik and now I need some advice.

Last year visited and loved the place, though eat and drank in Hisaranou and in the Oak tree in Ovacik(which is no longer in use).

Therefore I need some tips on local bars and eateries which are within crawling distance of the oak tree.

Finally I need to purchase sunbeds and brolly for around the pool - any local shops which sale this type product.

Regards and looking fwd to your replies

Thks

Mark

Ps please provide location i.e by landmarks or shops - thks again

Offline terjan

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 22:20:41 PM »
hi mark congratulations on your new place the coffee pot on the left hand side on the way in to hisoranu is a  good place nice peaple and verry helpfull exelant breakfast and the carrot cake is the best for the sun beds there is an offer on at the place going down the hill on the left hand side on the way to fethiye 55lr per bed and they are good quality and a choice of colours they have tables and parasols also   :)

Offline Bim

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 08:28:06 AM »
HiMark may congrats on your purchase..we are also comming to an end (I Hope) to the purcahse of an apartment in Ovacik. Santanas (in Hissy oposite the pound shop - a good friend aswell)is pretty good for food & drink. When always go here for breakfast,& lunch. As for Olu Deniz Beach.. try the Beach Bar grat atmosphere, music,drink & food, not foretting the ab fab views... best wishes Bim

Offline KORKY

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 22:01:39 PM »
Hi Mark
We also have a place in Ovacik. There are a couple of shops selling poolside stuff on the way to Fethiye they are on either side of road just past the traffic lights as the steep hill flattens out, we bought a brolly from one on left and i noticed that there is a small place that makes cushions for loungers just by it.
Regards Ray

Offline Bim

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 08:12:58 AM »
Mark you can but alot furniture & other large goods from Eren Spot in Fethiye. You need to travel the oposite way to where you catch the dolumus (Up the road). Its near a fresh bread shop... gret bargins Bim

Offline marlin

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 22:28:55 PM »
HI Mark, we too have a house in Ovacik and are moving out in January, a friend of ours has a bistro (Friar Tuck`s) which is I think may be in staggering distance, it is on the main road just past the monteverde hotel on the right as you walk down towards hisaronu, there is a really useful shop next door as well.  Friar Tucks is run by Osguar and you will receive a very warm welcome and any help should you need it.  Best of luck  Kevin

Offline Linda

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 08:12:15 AM »
Four Seasons cafe bar restaurant at the bottom of Ovacik on the left hand side heading towards Hisaronu. It is a corner near the DVD shop.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 20:51:42 PM »
There are lots of good places and part of the fun is "finding" them yourself  :).

I can however recommend "3 Cheers" as having some of the best (if not the best) food in the area. The owner and the chef came from the Megri Lokanta restaurant in Fethiye which is highly regarded.     Their food is top quality ... and very cheap !.   Nice folk too.

To find "3 Cheers" if you are at the Orka Hotel, walk towards Hisaronu.  You will shortly come to a row of shops on the same side of the road as Orka.   3 Cheers is there and is open over winter.

Offline lizdev

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 12:29:24 PM »
I agree, 3 Cheers is excellent.  WE have an apartment in Ovacik and this is the only restaurant we tend to eat in Ovacik - would love some other recommendations - anyone tried the Captans Restaurant ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf