Author Topic: restaurant near the tombs  (Read 8122 times)

Offline dollybacardi

restaurant near the tombs
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 20:53:56 PM »
give the kings garden resturant another try folks, they have brought in a new chef, excellant.

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 13:56:50 PM »
we went in august.food ok.views lovely.something different to try if you havn't been before.

Offline baklavalover

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 14:27:43 PM »
We went there or somewhere up by the tombs last summer - the speciality of the house was a chicken or lamb stew cooked in an earthernware pot in an open fire.....if it's the same place its great !  Food was ok, but the views are simply stunning.  Bit hot with the fire in August though - it was a 50th birthday and they wanted "somewhere different"

Offline Sharonc

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 18:42:18 PM »
Went there in August last year and loved it!  The food was good - my dad is a bit of a fussy eater and even he loved it! :D  Enjoyed the walk up the steps to the tombs, burnt off a few calories, and the views up there were stunning.  Our reaction when we first walked in the restaurant was to stop, look at the views and just say "wow".  Worth the trip for the view alone.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 20:13:51 PM »
We have not been to the King,s Garden but totally agree with the other member about the Sundial, it is my favourite place in the whole world views are spectactular and so is the sunset!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 22:37:06 PM »
when we went the food was great got picked up from home and did not climb the steps would have had aheart attack but the veiws are great but try the sundial food great and the veiws you need a taxi the hill is a bit steep

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 07:21:27 AM »
We stayed at the Sundial for two nights had the best time, laying by that pool was heaven, Derek gets a little bored while I am sunbathing so he likes to "potter" about! He walked down that hill and back twice, I dont think I could have done it like you say Puma it is rather steep.

Offline GrantT

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 10:04:41 AM »
How do you get to the Sundial - I've followed directions previously posted on here but couldn't find it.

Thanks

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 14:58:05 PM »
Hi Grant
I am not too clever with directions but if you phone them it was Murat when we were there, him or his brother come to pick you up from Calis and take you back, I did not get to go last year as apparantly it has to be a minimum of four of you to get picked up.
There is a website, you could email the owner and ask about getting picked up.
Karen

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 15:37:53 PM »
From Migros cross over the lights and continue ahead past a graveyard on your right and the prison on your left, continue straight across the next lights and up the hill ...pass the university on your left to the next set of lights.  At this point there is a trampoline on your right and the road bears right to Ovacik and Hisaronu Don't go any further.  Cross the road you have just come up and you will see another road going back down the hill to Patlangic and the Saturday market.....Also cross this road and you will see a stone clad apartment in front of you  and a currently empty shop.....there is an unmade road between these two. Go up this road until you get to the T junction and turn left passing a mosque above you on the right. At this point it looks as though the road goes into somebody's yard, but keep going straight ahead as far as you can go and the Sundial entrance is on your right As mentioned it is a steep climb but well worth the effort. 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf