Author Topic: Turkish Bath GV  (Read 4048 times)

Offline thebillet

Turkish Bath GV
« on: June 30, 2007, 10:29:07 AM »
We have a place in Elegance apartments, a mere black pipe length from Green Valley complex. We have seen adverts for and pictures on websites for the Turkish bath at Green Valley, so can anyone let us know; if it is up and running, is it open to non residents, what services it offers (keep it clean!!) and of course cost. Your help is much appreciated. Finally can we take Gorgeous Bird's word that the bar is open to all? We don't want to intrude if it isn't. We are out a week tomorrow.
Thanks

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Turkish Bath GV
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 23:08:39 PM »
Hi Joe and Sue,
Well we have a place at Green Valley Complex and returned from there just 1 week ago.  Yes the bar is open to all apparently.   Whilst we were there - Scot and his dear wife came up to us there a few times - but we did have the situation - whereby they closed up if there was no-one there using it.   They closed the one night at 9.pm as there was no-one in there.  We have found that the bar prices are far in excess of what we feel the prices should be - but the bar is not anything to do with the residents - it is run as a private business by the builder.   All profits go to him.   There were a lot of people - including us owners - who said that the prices were too high.   We experienced people walk out due to this.   Bruce and Brenda (Scot) will tell you the size of one bar bill they had.  7 Lira for a Vodka and Coke - and there was hardly any vodka in it!!!   3.5 Lira for a large Efes.   The restaurant prices are also expensive - 5 Lira for a few chips.    12 Lira for a Chicken Kebab.   Please go up there and tell us what you think?   We would all like to hear an outsiders point of view.
The Turkish Bath is not open however - but we have heard along the grapevine that there has been somebody taken on to run it!  Nothing however has been told to us - as owners - officially - but again it is being run as a business venture by the builder - not anything to do with us owners - so nothing is being ploughed back into the complex.  
The Poolside Bar and Turkish Bath are the ONLY things that are open to non residents.
I can say that as an owner there - there are a quite a few residents there who are embarrassed at the state of the place.   The Turkish Bath has not been used for 2 years - when our dear friends Hido and Derya ran it - but it was run by the builder then!  Hido and Derya were employed by him.  It needs to be totally cleaned up before anyone takes it on.   When Steve had a Turkish Bath there 2 years ago he was charged £20.00 - and that was owners rates!  If it is to be made to work - he will need to bring the prices down a LOT!
We are all very proud of what we have bought there - and you must understand that the project is still very much "Work in Progress".   As there are only just over half of the places sold - there is not much activity there - so please do not expect a busy atmospheric restaurant.  It is not a mini Hisaranou or Olu-Deniz.  As long as you go to Green Valley with that in mind - then you will not be disappinted.
Let me know what you think .......

Carole
xxx

Offline thebillet

Turkish Bath GV
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 16:42:36 PM »
Hi Carole

Mmany thanks for your reply. We wondered if it was as you described as we expected a lot more promotion of the facility if it was up and running. I think we will stick to the other baths in Fethiye and Hisaronu. We will pop across the "road" one evening and have an Efes just to check out the bar but as you say the prices are not competitive. We were disappointed that the pizza place close to the prison closed as we could always get a very good pizza and beer there. We came across the young lad who ran the place he is now running/serving at the new beach bar on the new beach beyond the boatyards.

We will let you know what we think of the set up soon after our return. Thanks again

Joe & Sue

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Turkish Bath GV
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 17:37:03 PM »
Joe and Sue

It is fair to say that you pay for convenience and as we know the walk back up the hill after a night out can be a tough one. One thing I would say is that the portions of food are not huge in comparison to other places you might go but actually they are more than adequate and the food is freshly prepared, even the chips are prepared to order. Last year my heart ached for them as they stood peeling potatoes everytime a chip order came in (anytime from around 10.30 in the morning to late at night). The bonus was that I was able to get some great recipes for Turkish food from the chef and his daughter, even the chef's wife came up and prepared bulgar wheat for us (delicious) Maybe not the cheapest meal but you can't argue with a fresh meal cooked on your doorstep.

I am out in 3 weeks - I haven't been able to have Turkish bath at GV yet. It stopped operating just as we purchased, hopefully as Kirby suggests they might have found someone to run it and when I get out in 3 weeks I can treat myself. It looks lovely inside.

Offline miaspyro

Turkish Bath GV
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 06:27:52 AM »
Hi all, just reading through your comments on the G V complex, and wondered if anyone has considered finding out if the builder has a right to operate a restaurant bar, without paying a rent to the owners in the complex.  I also assume that an annual payment is made for the upkeep of the pool, grounds etc, if this is not being done, please do complain, you are paying for a service so make sure that you are getting that service, if not look into other maintenance companies.  I don't know what contracts you have in place and might be talking out my a***, (nothing unusual there) but i am sure that i have read somewhere that if there are more than eight dwellings, a management committee should be formed.  None of this may apply to a complex, but you never know.  Might be worth a few lira to consult an independent advisor, even if to only find out what your rights are to use as leverage should you ever need it.  All the best to you  all. Mia

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Turkish Bath GV
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 18:00:53 PM »
Hiya Mia,  Without going into detail as it would be grossly incorrect and very wrong of me to discuss with you - we do have issues with the builder and his management team - which at present are in discussion let's just say.   There are almost 20 owners involved.  All I can say is "everything is in hand".  Thanks so much though for your concern and valued input Mia - and we really do appreciate your concerns.  You have actually raised a point in your above posting - which hopefully will prove invaluable to us.   xxxx

Offline telsoo

Turkish Bath GV
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 15:16:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Kirby

Hiya Mia,  Without going into detail as it would be grossly incorrect and very wrong of me to discuss with you - we do have issues with the builder and his management team - which at present are in discussion let's just say.   There are almost 20 owners involved.  All I can say is "everything is in hand".  Thanks so much though for your concern and valued input Mia - and we really do appreciate your concerns.  You have actually raised a point in your above posting - which hopefully will prove invaluable to us.   xxxx

Hi Kirby
We are up the road in Forest Hills and are still waiting for our proposed shop/bar mentioned on the advert hoarding from a year ago haha.
We passed by your complex daily and quite envied your bar and facilities already there.
As with Joe(the billet) we would like to visit and hope you will keep in touch with everybody regarding your discussions about management. The complex is the central focal point of the valley and is important as a focus of whats going on really.
Kind regards
Terry and Susan  (up the hill neighbours)

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Turkish Bath GV
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 00:41:01 AM »
Hi Terry and Sue,
You must know "Happy Monday" (AKA Doug and Angela)then?  What facilities??????? We are waiting for the shop and boutique, the pool table and table tennis, the courtesy minibus, the Turkish Bath, Sauna, Gym (most of the stuff does not work), childrens play area, creche, Hairdresser / Beautician, on site nurse, plus a few other things....  we still have over 40 problems with the communal areas  ...... It's good fun ..... So there really is nothing to be envious of!!
You can visit us there any time.   We are there in 3 weeks (7th - 22nd Sept) - when are you next there?

Offline telsoo

Turkish Bath GV
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 15:54:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Kirby

Hi Terry and Sue,
You must know "Happy Monday" (AKA Doug and Angela)then?  What facilities??????? We are waiting for the shop and boutique, the pool table and table tennis, the courtesy minibus, the Turkish Bath, Sauna, Gym (most of the stuff does not work), childrens play area, creche, Hairdresser / Beautician, on site nurse, plus a few other things....  we still have over 40 problems with the communal areas  ...... It's good fun ..... So there really is nothing to be envious of!!
You can visit us there any time.   We are there in 3 weeks (7th - 22nd Sept) - when are you next there?

I feel better now haha!!
Yes we are neighbours of Doug and Angela.
We were coming in September but my daughter(works for Virgin Atlantic) got us cheap staff tickets to the States this year so will try for November otherwise next April/May 2008.
We are bound to be tarmaced by then haha!!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Bath GV
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 18:47:38 PM »
 8) We had a couple of drinks there in June, never took any notice of the prices, but we were the only people in there. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf