Author Topic: Shocking  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Shocking
« on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:15 AM »
The picture below is rather shocking.

Not because of the informal attire of those in the picture.
Not because the young man is balanced on top of a 10ft wall.
Not because the man is stood in the bucket of the JCB.
Not because the bucket of the JCB is in a 10ft ditch.
Not because this moat dug around the Green Valley complex meant a 15 minute detour to get out of the area.

No none of those if you look closely you will see something called a tape measure! This must be serious!! tee hee

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:38:02 AM by Gorgeous_bird »

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
Shocking
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:43:52 AM »
Am I missing something?

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Shocking
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 07:48:18 AM »
:D Umm unusual holiday pics to share GB  ;)

I wonder why they seem to be measuring, just up to the middle of the Hole [?] Must be serious :D ;)

Offline sunnyd

Shocking
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 07:52:53 AM »
LOL  :) A bit like the time a few years ago a guy was doing some work for me. He got out a spirit level and I nearly died of shock! but on closer inspection, although the spirit level was in use... there wasn't much it could do .... it had no bubble!!!  :o:D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Shocking
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »
Not really an unusual holiday picture to share when you live in the Green valley area! an unusual one would one of a reasonable road in the picture(I don't mean tarmac, just level would be good, we're not greedy!) The next delivery shortly after this picture were massive square concrete pipes, so I assume that they were checking that their instinct was right and they did dig in the right area. The picture I didn't manage to get was when the JCB (minus the man) brought down the overhead power cables to a spectacular shower of sparks, right in front of some residents returning from the beach and the other one I missed was the one of the men prodding the cables with sticks. Sorry colin T copied the wrong link.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Shocking
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 08:00:32 AM »
what we find is 4 guys show up to do the work 1 aged over 40, 2 around 30 and 1 around 19, the old guy says what to do the two 30 year old nod and look help full and the young guy carriers everything, and then does the work under the watch full eye of the rest, not sure if this a right of passage into Turkish manhood, he who survives this can be come an on looker.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Shocking
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 16:20:51 PM »
:D Sunny how typically Turkish once again, a spirit level minus the bubble, Love it. ;)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Shocking
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 06:16:16 AM »
No sooner were these guys on site than a piece of carboard was located and placed under the nearest tree and 4 men sprawled out on it! I love it.

Offline miaspyro

Shocking
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 20:23:42 PM »
oh don't be silly that is not a tape measure, it is the instruction for how to move the digger out the way, or how many more times they have to dig that piece of road up to create the correct size potholes, but don't worry a mistake anyone could have made he he he Mia

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Shocking
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 07:38:08 AM »
LOL - Oh I see what your saying - they did dig it up twice in one week so you are probably correct, so the title of this thread should have been typical not shocking!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf