Author Topic: UK Radio in Turkey: Free, Anywhere in House/Garden  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
UK Radio in Turkey: Free, Anywhere in House/Garden
« on: October 05, 2007, 21:35:12 PM »
Ok first things first, you need wireless ADSL - but I'm posting in the Property Owners section so assume many full time owners will have.

Pinnacle's Soundbridge uses your wireless broadband connection and automatically downloads 1,000's of radio stations. You just scroll through by language, country etc. and choose your presets and favourites for easy finding.

Notable free UK stations (there are loads of well known ones) are Virgin Radio, Talk Sport, Classic FM, Sky News Live (24/7 audio feed of Sky News TV channel), Capital Radio - I can go on and on - Mrs. Scunner is partial to Belfast's Downtown Radio (especially the traffic and weather reports  :) )

The main advantage of the Soundbridge unit is that it is automatic and instant - you can find many radio stations on the net but this puts them all in one place, easy to browse with the remote control, and you don't even need to have your PC on.

This means that with a pair of cheap little speakers, and an electric socket, you have UK radio by the pool, on the roof terrace and in the bath (you, not the unit [:o] )

The real beauty of the Soundbridge is that it can access your entire MP3 collection from your computer and you then have your own music in any room, not just the one your PC sits in.

I guess a proportion of members are wondering what the point of this stupid post is. For those who like the sound of it, the unit is only around £60 (you need speakers as well).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf