Author Topic: Yes Roads!!  (Read 13260 times)

Offline chewyturk

Yes Roads!!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 18:33:08 PM »
Laughable by british standards (hardly the M1), but quite normal for Turkey, and yes a hell of a lot better than it was !!!

Offline Linda1953

Yes Roads!!
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 10:33:12 AM »
Glad to see roads coming there as I dread to think what it would be like during the winter with the torrential rains. The soil and the dust was horrendous during the summer but I dont live there now so no more problems for me as regards Deliktas although I miss it oddly enough.

Offline nig68

Yes Roads!!
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 21:01:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chewyturk

Our nearest hole has had a cement ring put in and is level (sort of) with the road surface - a nice level grate to finish off maybe??
By our standards the roads are laughable - but they're no worse than other roads around fethiye.

well done with the photos, i'd manage 2 spend 3 days down at GV and had taken a few photos 4 the forum, but they would only compliment the others. I;m new to the ownership/ road issues however have  agree that the surfaces were already showing some signs of depreciation around the route to GV. Still havin only just bought, there are signs of improvements and an enormous amount of cats running around the bins (i.e. thats supposed to mean a lot and not one huge cat!!). Saw Ayahn and Givan and both send their love.

Offline chewyturk

Yes Roads!!
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 08:59:06 AM »
Roads are now cracking-up and sliding into the canal......

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 14:51:30 PM »
It is a pity. The drainage at the sides of the roads were completed up the hill as far as Green Valley. However, this was not done at Forest Hills and after the rains 7 days ago a chunk of the newly laid road (outside Pam and Johns villa for those of you that know them) was swept away. If nothing else is done then over the winter the rains will deteriorate the roads further.

What did make me smile though was finding out that these roads were laid as part of an EU Grant believe it or not :D

Offline chewyturk

Yes Roads!!
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 17:13:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by HappyMonday

What did make me smile though was finding out that these roads were laid as part of an EU Grant believe it or not :D

Should have applied for a bigger grant :(

Offline telsoo

Yes Roads!!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 17:25:36 PM »
quote:

It is a pity. The drainage at the sides of the roads were completed up the hill as far as Green Valley. However, this was not done at Forest Hills and after the rains 7 days ago a chunk of the newly laid road (outside Pam and Johns villa for those of you that know them) was swept away. If nothing else is done then over the winter the rains will deteriorate the roads further.

Hi Doug
we are right opposite john and pams place!
How bad is it and is it a return to the mess we had before/
What are John and Pam going to do about it and can we all help.
Do Colin and Denise know and is it serious?

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 18:00:21 PM »
There is damage right outside their gate in same place that they had previous problems with water damage. About 5 feet by 2 feet of new road has been eroded away. Same as you go further up the hill with edges being damaged by running water. Your side has no problems whatsover. Ali Yenik has been informed but will likely say that it is up to council to fix.

Offline telsoo

Yes Roads!!
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 18:10:18 PM »
You are right about that spot as the problem has always been there in previous years.
It must be a weak area that needs better foundations beneath and I hope John and Pam can sort it as very unfair on them.
Hope Ali accepts its a problem and sorts it.This has been dragging on for years in the same area just in front of their gate so obviously something is not right where their drive meets the road.
Have you any pics
Let me know if we can help but I suppose Mehmet is on the case too!!
quote:

There is damage right outside their gate in same place that they had previous problems with water damage. About 5 feet by 2 feet of new road has been eroded away. Same as you go further up the hill with edges being damaged by running water. Your side has no problems whatsover. Ali Yenik has been informed but will likely say that it is up to council to fix.

Offline telsoo

Yes Roads!!
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 12:18:58 PM »
Any more news about the roads folks????
Is the dolmus happening yet?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf