Author Topic: electric back on  (Read 1933 times)

Offline sooty

electric back on
« on: November 13, 2007, 08:27:30 AM »
We have got our electric back on in the early hours of this morning after been off 50 hours, we are not mains water so we have no water since Saturday afternoon and it has been very difficult, we have had to flush the loos with water out of our pool depot, we have also lost out digiturk signal so we still have no tv, another night of staring at each other, I may be able to read a book tonight though because I will be able to see, that is until the next storm that is apparently on its way - oh the joys of living in Turkey !!!![:(!]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
electric back on
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 08:34:29 AM »
Hi sooty,

Sounds horrendous :(

Contact Gary at JustSat (CBF member "ECHOSTAR") - he might be able to get your Digiturk working - he did the same for another member.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
electric back on
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 12:27:43 PM »
We learnt after a just a few weeks of living here, that it's a good idea to keep a few bottles of water on standby for drinking and flushing the toilets. Also, immediately after the power comes back on, to make sure that you replenish the water that you've used.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
electric back on
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 13:00:41 PM »
 :)Must be awful, it was a nuisance in the summer when the water was going off on a daily basis, must be horrible this time of year, bet you two stink now, is the Haman open, ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf