Author Topic: Questions  (Read 2232 times)

Offline marlin

Questions
« on: November 15, 2007, 12:40:30 PM »
Whilst trying to reply to a question from another member, we were deleted, fair enough if we broke the rule, apologies, then tried to offer him the information he wanted, deleted again and asked if "I Was Thick"

Ok if we are not allowed to respond to a members question with contact details, why is the question left on the message board and also

Is it normal to leave offensive comments for your members??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 13:12:19 PM »
Only in special cases. You qualified.

Offline marlin

Questions
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 13:44:08 PM »
And how was that ?

Offline marlin

Questions
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 13:47:50 PM »
You know, don't bother with a reply, your previous post really does say it all, excellent advertising for the ex-pat community in ovacik

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Questions
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 13:56:40 PM »
Well let me think

Firstly, you didn't read the rules. Secondly you thought this was a discussion forum (not "message board" as you so quaintly put it) where you could turn up and not bother to even introduce yourself - too much effort perhaps - unlike the little effort needed to dive straight in for a business opportunity.

Thirdly, and most uniquely, your message was deleted and the reasons (forum rules) were given, in order that you may begin to understand the protocol - and you came back and replied exactly the same way again! Doing exactly the same reply again shows what you think of the rules we so clearly detailed for you. Incredible.

I wonder if you would have such disregard for house rules at a local golf club or similar.

This is a fairly relaxed forum - members who have been here for a while and have helped answer questions and helped with problems can get away with the occasional mention of their business - because they integrated into our community first.

This is the Calis Beach Discussion Forum, not a free ad newspaper like Loot.

You think you can turn up and advertise - you can't. Every time someone uses the forum for a free opportunity, I pay for it. Do you think that's fair?

Now I have explained, hopefully we can drop it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Questions
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 13:58:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by marlin

You know, don't bother with a reply, your previous post really does say it all, excellent advertising for the ex-pat community in ovacik

Oh sorry, I was replying lol

"Excellent advertising" is exactly what you thought it was here, sorry to disappoint.

Offline emmast

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 10:39:19 AM »
In the forum rules under bad language it clearly states no abusive language. Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Questions
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 13:14:43 PM »
I am SOOOO sorry  ;)

I wouldn't be abusive  :)

I didn't call him thick, I asked him if he was thick, he didn't give an answer  ;)

I'm only asking that people introduce themselves and add some input for the good of all members before hawking - sounds fair to me :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf