Author Topic: Mosquitoes  (Read 6817 times)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Mosquitoes
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 22:50:03 PM »
I've said this on other threads but the vitamin B tablets have been my saviour. I take them for two weeks before I go and haven't been bitten for about two or years years now and I am someone who used to have big lumps bitten out of them. I've still got scars on my feet from when they got me before. I also have a spoonful of vegemite everyday just to p1ss them off further.

I now feel that I have beaten the little b..tards at their own game. Bring it on ! :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 22:53:22 PM by Jukebox »

Offline brianthegardener

Mosquitoes
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 21:03:16 PM »
get yourself a mozzie electric zapper....there great....no more mozzies....:D

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Mosquitoes
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 08:55:24 AM »
Brian, where do you get them from, and how much? it's not one of those that burn a pellet or anything like that is it? Alan

Offline AndyLin

Mosquitoes
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 10:43:19 AM »
Alan
Got mine from a garden centre in the UK, you can also get them on line but can't remember the web address, just use google and search for battery mozzie zapper, If not I have a spare one you can borrow when you come out.
Lin

Offline brianthegardener

Mosquitoes
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 11:15:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by number2

Brian, where do you get them from, and how much? it's not one of those that burn a pellet or anything like that is it? Alan

Hi Alan, to answer your question, the zapper i have is like the ones you see in some bars, the ultra vilot florecent tube type, 70 lira from Ozan Elektrik shop near to roundabout Ovacik/Hisaronu, Not cheap at this time of year, you will get them for half the price in winter....if you can manage till then!!! Brian.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Mosquitoes
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 11:33:14 AM »
Thank you for the replies, mozzies don't seem to like me, i just get fed up of the buzzing when i'm trying to get to sleep, but that one of yours sounds good Brian, do you screw it to a wall, or stand it up somewhere, and what do you mean if i can manage til winter, i was in Calis all last summer, i even slept on the balcony all July and August, it was lovely. Alan

Offline brianthegardener

Mosquitoes
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 18:51:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by number2

Thank you for the replies, mozzies don't seem to like me, i just get fed up of the buzzing when i'm trying to get to sleep, but that one of yours sounds good Brian, do you screw it to a wall, or stand it up somewhere, and what do you mean if i can manage til winter, i was in Calis all last summer, i even slept on the balcony all July and August, it was lovely. Alan

Hi Alan, no problem giving you the answer to your question, the zapper can be fixed to the wall or free standing, i prefer it to be free standing then i can move it around from room to room or balcony to balcony, they DO work, with regard to my comment if you can manage till winter when they are half the price....keep sleeping on yer balcony but plug the zapper in first, lol,happy zapping :)

Offline amanda bullock

Mosquitoes
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 22:32:29 PM »
Brian,just to go off topic for a sec,you're other half isn;t called  Carole??

Offline brianthegardener

Mosquitoes
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 08:38:49 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by amanda bullock

Brian,just to go off topic for a sec,you're other half isn;t called  Carole??

Hi no my other half isnt carole, i think you might have me mixed up with another brian.

Offline ayshe

Mosquitoes
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 11:12:57 AM »
The whole area of the villa can be disinfect for the mosquitos.The disinfection will provide you a period of 1.5 month without mosquitos.And also the places in the gardenand around which gives the mosquitos can be block reproduction more.The materials which are use in disinfection no harmful subsidary effects on human health.If you wish i will help you about disinfection

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf