Author Topic: Honesty in Fish Market  (Read 6776 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 11:26:07 AM »
I can't say I'm over impressed eating there really. The smell doesn't bother me but we found it to be quite expensive in the end. It is worth a try though as it's a different experience. Not one I would repeat in a hurry though.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 12:05:55 PM »
Though I have thought about doing it, I can't stand the smell.  SO I doubt I will ever eat there.  -Any more than I'd eat in the middle of an area full of meat and the smell of blood.  Some people's sense of smell is more acute than others and a place like the fish market isn't for them.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 13:16:57 PM »
eaten within fish market couple of times not great but ok, although price for the fish I thought was expensive. thought there was /is only 4 entrances. every time I go I see KKOB drinking tea resting. ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 13:18:36 PM by c1 »

Offline julesbob0303

Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 17:16:59 PM »
We had a meal in the fish market earlier this year.  The fish was lovely, but we thought the whole meal was very expensive.  :(

The service was excellent, and we had a great time.  It was our daughter's 19th birthday, and the boss' son bought her a small cake and put a candle on it, then sang Happy Birthday to her, which was a nice touch.   :)

On the negative side though the tablecloths were grubby and needed changing, and we were hassled the whole time by a bloke trying to sell fake perfumes who would not p*** off!   :-\

Wouldn't rush back there again, to be honest.   8)

Offline kevin b

Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 17:20:35 PM »
We ate in fish market in October & 1 breakfast,1 beef curry & 1 bottle of water for 2 was £18 which we thought was expensive.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 18:46:26 PM »
i gag from the smell floating outside, nevermind setting foot in there.i love fish but the smell makes me feel so ill,i can't go inside.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 18:54:52 PM »
Try the Oztoklu Restaurant in the fruit and veg market. You can still get the fish, and not have to put up with the smell, and it's cheaper.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 19:59:52 PM »
We eat at Recep's place when we are out and have found the prices reasonable for fresh fish.It's next to a cheese shop,not sure of what entrance you go through,but if you see chairs with stars names on them  Robert d'niro,Sylvester Stallone, Al Pacino and Scunner,:D you have found Recep's place.We love the hustle and bustle and people watching, as for the smell what else would you expect in a fish market  ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 20:07:54 PM »
 :) Have been there a few times, even though i'm not a fish lover,but always seem to end up takng someone, managed to dodge it this year,but I too found it quite expensive and I never order fish there, I just feel like they see us coming and rub their hands together in anticipation of a big bill,I am only referring to one of the restaurants, and I noticed they would hurry you up if it was busy, I do remember years ago going to , I think it was called Garden House, you had your own waiter all night, the service was the best ever,w the ladies were given a hand made pot pouri on the way out, it was about 15 years ago, and the bill was £90 for 4 of us,that was when a steak in Calis was about £2-3,but worth it.:P

Offline amanda bullock

Honesty in Fish Market
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 22:19:20 PM »
:D alan,if that is where you left your business card ,I left a message on it for you!!!!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf