Author Topic: Fishing Day Trips  (Read 8597 times)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Fishing Day Trips
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »
I am up for some serious deep sea fishing,will be out whole of july and august can only go during weekends though, will bring own rods and tackle etc. has anyone tried beach casting in turkey ? if so what were the results? want to know as have seen people having a go, and can bring the kit out with me as well but must be sure of edible catch to convince the boss of the car space needed for the rods

Offline amanda bullock

Fishing Day Trips
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 14:19:47 PM »
my hubby is out with us first 2 weeks august.do you want to share a trip then?We have no tackle so will need to hire.Are you taking any kids with you?

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Fishing Day Trips
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 14:34:13 PM »
Amanda  - terribly sorry to hear that your husband has no tackle ? ;):D: :)

Offline amanda bullock

Fishing Day Trips
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 19:58:29 PM »
:Dvery quick!!!!!!:D

Offline wingnut

Fishing Day Trips
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 22:16:29 PM »
c1 i have beachcast many times at calis using live shrimp as bait but all i get is bits all the locals use handlines with the same results,if you go round the back of fethiye harbour past the boatyards the sea is usually that calm i floatfish here with light coarse tackle loads of different fish here but nothing big enough to eat,you can go fishing catch nothing but pop in the fish market on the way home and buy some for the table tell your missus you caught them and it will all seem worthwhile, there are a couple of good tackle shops in fethiye and you can buy a full set up for babout 30 pound anyway good luck peter

Offline amanda bullock

Fishing Day Trips
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 23:14:14 PM »
thats naughty.i caught a 21 lb  carp a while ago when course fishing.i need to beat that!!!@!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Fishing Day Trips
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 19:59:07 PM »
Just to update,Jerrys website is down, I text him and he text me back today. He is charging £10 per adult and £5 per child under 10. He will pick us up by the main post office in Fethiye. Whereabouts is this in relation to Garanti bank please?

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Fishing Day Trips
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 06:00:37 AM »
Stand outside Garanti Bank....face the road ,turn right, walk about 250 meters PTT(Post Office)is on the opposite side of the road. :)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Fishing Day Trips
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 21:18:31 PM »
many thanks.

Offline baklavalover

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 14:30:23 PM »

Theres a new 200hp power boat out of Olu Deniz which goes to Cennet Plaj which is a sandy beach on the way to Patara. It can take up to 8 people at 180 quid for about 5 hrs including a sandwich snack and tea/coffee water.  I thought it sounds alot and then worked it out to be 22.5 quid a head to do something really different away from the crowds.  If you want it as a fishing trip, which we did, they trawl for bigger fish like tuna and then do line fishing to catch bass bream etc. My hubbie came back with 6 red snapper all bigger than your hand !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf