Author Topic: Worst Meal ever at The Peking Chinese!!!  (Read 11192 times)

Offline Yaniklar

Worst Meal ever at The Peking Chinese!!!
« on: May 04, 2008, 09:33:48 AM »
Just wanted to let people know not to go to the Peking Chinese! me and my Partner went there last night! after having a nice meal last year we expected it to be relatively the same. So im guessing our expectations where set a little high to start with! and the fact that we was the only 2 people in there surrounded by 10 or so waiting staff and 4/5 chefs should of told us something really!!!! But we ordered regardless, and if you like THE SMALLEST DEEP FRIED CHEWY SPARE RIBS IN THE WORLD AND CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP THAT TASTED LIKE THE LAGOON WATER!!!! and then for mains CHEWY REFORMED CHICKEN ON A SIZZLER THAT HAD BURNT BITS AROUND IT FROM PREVIOUS MEALS! AND THEN SPICY KING PRAWNS WHICH WASNT SPICY AT ALL IN FACT THEY LOOKED AND TASTED LIKE THEY WAS IN GRAVY AND THERE WAS 6/7 KING PRAWNS FOR THE PRICE OF 25 TYL THEN ITS WELL WORTH TRYING OR NOT!!!!! WHEN THE TOTAL PRICE CAME TO 80 TYL Not including the drinks we had! we left the place feeling very disapointed and feeling very sick!!! Thankfully we are both ok today!! But will not be going back!!!! If any1 can tell us about a good chinese in Hisonaru the it will be much apreciated as it is my favourite food!! Regards Yaniklar!!!!

Offline enigma

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 11:50:25 AM »
Shanghai Blues    !!!!!    without question  !!!   mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline penny

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 15:36:28 PM »
i agree we have been to shanghai blues several times never had a bad meal. nice views of the mountains at the back as well

Offline Stressed Eric

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 18:41:03 PM »
Yes, we agree...Shanghai Blues...never fails.

Offline Yaniklar

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 20:22:53 PM »
Thanks for letting me know! will try there next time as im due to go home tomorrow night!!! anywhere has to be better than the Peking!!!1

Offline Linda

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 23:51:05 PM »
Shanghai Blues and Dragonaro (a little more upmarket but worth it for the whole experience) - can be recommended without hesitation.I have heard of a number of food poisening stories from Peking!

Offline minimoo

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 09:18:51 AM »
In full agreement here. Dragonaro used to have the edge for me, but recently Shanghai Blues has become my favorite. There seem to have been quite a few problems at the Peking over the last few months, so I am staying well clear.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 19:50:03 PM »
Actually we went last week and the food was excellent. We have been going all Winter. No sickness, good food and excellent service. Mind U only us 2 in sometimes!! However the posts on here have put us off a bit so we will try the Shanghai Blue. The last time we went they were very busy and practically threw everyone out as soon as they put down their cutlery.

Offline jinky

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 00:06:26 AM »
after reading the post newspaper today i dont think i will try a chinese in turkey again.the post is one of the english papers you get over here.

Offline jinky

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 00:47:03 AM »
sorry for not giving enough information there but one of the chinese resturants has just been caught with 2 and a half tons yes [2 and a half tons] of food that the looks like it could take a while to find out what we could be eating.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf