Author Topic: Market Days?  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Tartdog

« on: June 06, 2008, 16:48:10 PM »
Off to Olu Deniz on the 20th June,trying to find what day the market is on in Fethiye,also any other recommended markets to vist etc in the area?,cheers.Tartdog.
PS Is Esnaf Hospital the local for Olu Deniz,Wife has bad diabetis and was just wondering (in case),if so is it a modern Hosp?,on my last visit I was admitted to the old state hosp in Fethiye (not a very nice place!!)Thanks.Tartdog.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Market Days?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 17:08:23 PM »
Hisaronu Monday
Fethiye  Tuesday (The Main market)
Fethiye  Friday(Produce only)
Patlangic Saturday (A quieter miniversion of Tuesday)
Calis  Sunday
Gocek  Sunday (Not much of a market but a nice boat trip to get there)
Esnaf is a nice modern Hospital....there have been some criticisms but my own personal experience was excellent. :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Market Days?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 17:10:38 PM »
Fethyie market is on a Tuesday. For me it's the biggest and best:D Sorry can't help with the hospital.
Anne

Offline kismetbar

Market Days?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 17:24:37 PM »
I can't fault Esnaf. Spent some time there last year!!! Very modern and the care was fantastic. Mind you, if you need help under your holiday insurance, it might be Letoon Hospital you are taken too. Letoon is definately cheaper but if I wanted to be ill and spend time in hospital, the view from my room at Esnaf was lovely!! On a serious note, when I was taken ill there back in 2000, the insurance company fell short of their obligations and basically left me stranded. The Doctor told me I was not fit to travel home to the UK but when the insurance company complained that it was costing them too much (and they would pay no more), the hospital changed their mind. Not their fault, they needed their money.
If your wife is taken ill whilst here, I would recommend Guven Clinic near to esnaf or the other clinic in Hisaronu. Great service and ALOT cheaper!!!
Over and out!!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Market Days?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 17:28:49 PM »
Karaculha market is also held on Saturdays.

Offline Tartdog

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 11:35:26 AM »
Thank You all very much for your replys,cheers.Tartdog.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Market Days?
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 12:40:54 PM »
Only thing wrong with esnaf is, they got rid of all the balconies from all the wards, i used to go and sit out there and have a cigarette, now you can only sit inside, wont be going there again, well not til next time anyway. Alan

Offline amanda bullock

Market Days?
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 17:38:26 PM »
if you go to the tuesday market make sure you go early.It's absolutely roasting!!!!!will be giving it a miss in august.phewwwwww

Offline Tartdog

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 22:18:51 PM »
Is there a dolmus that runs from Olu Deniz to Fethyia Market direct?.Tartdog.

Offline amanda bullock

Market Days?
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 22:26:44 PM »
yes,stop any dolmus titled Fethiye centrum(or ask for centrum(centre)and get off before the harbour.the market is on the right  hand side by the traffic lights.Big white covers over the canal.usually plenty of people getting off here.if you don't get off in time just say "evet lutfen"(yes please)Have a good time.be warned it's very hot!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf