Author Topic: cheap bars in Ovacik please  (Read 7569 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
cheap bars in Ovacik please
« on: June 12, 2008, 19:50:49 PM »
When in Ovacik last week, we decided to try a bar on the Ovacik Road (Relax bar) and were amazed at how much cheaper the drinks (cocktails) were as opposed to down in Hisaronu or Olu Deniz. In Olu you can pay up to 15 lira for a cocktail, whereby at the relax bar we were paying 5 lira (and that included sparkler, fruit and umberellas!!) and they were GOOD. We have decided now to try and frequent these little bars a bit more in future and wondered if there are any recommendations for any good cheap bars in the area? (BESIDES Relax bar, before you say it!!)
We are out for a month in 6 weeks time, and need to try and make our money last a bit longer (well either that or dont go out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - sue mac on 12 Jun 2008 19:47:27

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 19:53:43 PM »
Blimey Sue - 2 posts of drink prices in a matter of minutes. Got a case of the DT's girl?:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 19:57:48 PM »
My fault, Sue edited her post and it locked - I can return it and unlock it but I can't see where it came from. I put it back into Bars & Restaurants. No problem, it's a good Calis question too.

Offline minimoo

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 06:38:20 AM »
There are bars close to the centre of Hisaronu who do drinks at these prices too...it's just a case of looking around.

Offline Stressed Eric

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 12:54:43 PM »
My parents came over to Ovacik for a month and thought the Elif restaurant on the main ovacik road was excellent. Reasonably priced and good quality food.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 20:22:56 PM »
I dont know what happened with my original post...I put it in the Ovacik section (or so I thought) and it came up in the announcements section! so I reposted it in the Ovacik section, but by the sounds of it, its now in the bar and restaurnt sectin too!! oh well,all good fun! keep the recommendations coming..........

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 23:47:37 PM »
Only pulling your leg:P ;)

Offline Linda

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 07:34:24 AM »
Four Seasons restaurant in also excellant - great food and a fantastice atmosphere especially on Saturday nights. They have live music on Wednesday and Saturday ..... a really good UK girl singer .... Veronica and they also play live Turkish 'Saz' music. I'ts located on the main Ovacik road on the left hand side heading towards Hisaronu  :)

Offline Jackds

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 19:14:29 PM »
Sue,

How much is a bottle of Efes in the Relax bar and where is it in relation to Oaklands?

Jack

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »
Ha Ha!! Dont know about the Efes Jack, you would need to ask Marily and Graham that one, as they came in later and Maz was drinking Efes.  We were on cocktails all night, and mighty fine they were too for 5 lira!! Here is our bill: 18 cocktails in all, two pides brought by JJ from the Pasa Sofresi down the road when we got a bit peckish, and a taxi back up. Total cost, 120 lira between three of us. Not bad for a full night with food and transfers!!!!!!!!!!!  
Linda, I like the sound of that  Four Seasons, what is Turkish Saz music, and what night do they play that??

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf