Author Topic: cheap bars in Ovacik please  (Read 7769 times)

Offline Linda

cheap bars in Ovacik please
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 16:18:55 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sue mac

Ha Ha!! Dont know about the Efes Jack, you would need to ask Marily and Graham that one, as they came in later and Maz was drinking Efes.  We were on cocktails all night, and mighty fine they were too for 5 lira!! Here is our bill: 18 cocktails in all, two pides brought by JJ from the Pasa Sofresi down the road when we got a bit peckish, and a taxi back up. Total cost, 120 lira between three of us. Not bad for a full night with food and transfers!!!!!!!!!!!  
Linda, I like the sound of that  Four Seasons, what is Turkish Saz music, and what night do they play that??

It's the traditional guitar music .... a bit like a Mandolin. Both boys can play really well, sometimes just instrumental but singing as well. It is always impromptu but they wil alwas play if you ask them to. Highly recommended  :)

Offline Jackds

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 19:28:39 PM »
Sue,

I will be out there on Friday for 9 days and I will pay the Relax a visit, what is the best way to find it?

Jack

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 21:27:11 PM »
If I remember correctly the Relax bar is on the left as you travel along the road to the Hisaronu roundabout and is one of the first bars you will come to and its on a corner so its quite big.
As for price of effes, again if I have the right bar there was a big blackboard on the pavement advertising Ice Cold Effes 3ytl.
Paul

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 20:49:59 PM »
Hi, Taras Bar on the main road to Hisaronu from Fethiye, not far from the petrol station is a good bar/restaurant for cocktails along with all the other beers and spirits, Ali, the owner, is always welcoming and is always willing to listen and learn from all his clientel who can be visitors, residents(expats that is) or Turkish, its a Goood atmosphere to along with good food at reasonable prices....go on give it a try...you can always slate me in here afterwards if you dont like it:D

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 13:03:34 PM »
Jack, if you come out of Oaklands and walk to the bottom of the lane, turn left onto the main road. cross over and then take your first right. Walk down to the main Ovacik road and keeping on the left as you walk towards His, you will eventually come to it. There is a blackboard sign outside saying, "last stop before M25".  Its not the most fantastic bar, but the drinks were cheap and JJ the owner is very friendly.  It was not much good for kids though, as it is open right onto the main road and I did find the music a bit loud. Hence why I am enquiring about other cheap bars in the area. I have heard good reviews about the Captains restaurant, but will keep that for a new post.

Offline Linda

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 07:23:08 AM »
The drinks are really well priced in 4 Seasons. they have some good offers on at the moment for families ..... 50% off meals from main menu for under 14s BOGOF on kids drinks. I think they've also got an earlybird menu. Im off there tonight for the live music  8)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 13:26:41 PM »
Thanks Linda,and Brian. Four seasons does sound good and I have heard a few good revies of this one. would especially like to be there when the live saz music is on, so if you can find out what nights this generally is LInda, could you let me know.  Thanks.

Offline milliemars

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 16:08:56 PM »
Chill Out Restaurant and Bar on Babbadag Road is really nice.It is opposite the Pegasus Hotel.Full English Breakfast is £1.95 and a Happy hour from 22.00 until 00.30 Large efes 2.50ytl local drinks 4ytl cocktails and imports 6ytl how do i know so much I live in the apartment above ,have tried the breakfast,they are good,also Lamb Shanks are fantastic.This again is on the road so may not be the best place for little people. When not happy hour Efes is 3ytl and only 1ytl on the other drinks.One more thing he has live music.Pursah and Tony will always give you a friendly welcome.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 21:36:20 PM »
Well again, thank you. this Chill out Bar sounds good too. which is the Babbadag road though?

Offline milliemars

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 22:30:46 PM »
If you come down the main road there is a reastaurant on the right hand side called Yelcins which is almost next door to Pasa Sofrasi there is a turning opposite take that turn,keep going past the Almond Restaurant which is on your left about 100 mtrs up on the right is Chill Out,hope this helps.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf