Author Topic: Midges in Deliktas  (Read 2398 times)

Offline sporran

Midges in Deliktas
« on: June 16, 2008, 20:21:34 PM »
Just been reading about the midge problem in Uzumlu, sounds awful,is there any sign of midges in deliktas? Hope not. We get midges in scotland but mainly on the west coast, they really are horible little beasties and can cover you in bites, especially in the evening.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Midges in Deliktas
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 20:26:41 PM »
I have never encountered a problem with them in Deliktas.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Midges in Deliktas
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 21:32:09 PM »
There are a few about in Fethiye this year....but nothing like has been reported in Uzumlu.  Boots sell a product called Afterbite which is excellent for bites from these little bu**ers. It is like a small pen containing I think an ammonia product which you just dab on asap after the bite. Also works well for bee/wasp type stings.....I trod on one the other day in bare feet and he retaliated before I squashed him. Very painful but 30 minutes after application it was fine. :)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Midges in Deliktas
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 21:45:39 PM »
Mind you I recall on the day we bought our place we attended a BBQ on the complex as guests and I remember having a conversation about Mosquitoes with the boss and the fact that there are none in this area, right on queue one flew into his eye!!

Worst place ever is Dalayan- If you step outside after dark prepare to be a walking banquet

Offline amanda bullock

Midges in Deliktas
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 14:04:21 PM »
I don't think we will get many up there because of the height and the (usually) constant breeze!!!Fingers crossed

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf