Author Topic: Captains restaurant / bar  (Read 2018 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Captains restaurant / bar
« on: June 17, 2008, 13:06:52 PM »
Has anyone been here? We often drive past it, and always think it looks  like a good entertaining bar but have never been in! What is food like and how are the prices? I seem to remember my friend saying they did the best chicken curry there (or was it kids chicken nuggets - cant remember!) and that the staff were great with kids. It seems a good bar within staggering distance of our place so thought I may give it a try?

Offline davidzz

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 22:39:44 PM »
Hi Sue, We went there once in October 2006, we always thought the same so decided to give it a try.It wasnt busy but meal was nice,I had fish, I think the rest had lamb kekabs and chicken. Have not been back but suppose it is because we always head down the road towards His and for us its the other direction.

David

Offline Mishy

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 09:31:12 AM »
Hi Sue our villa is just up the road from there. We have eaten in there a couple of times. Food pretty average Not value for money. We now avoid it. We tell our freinds/renters that there are plenty of other resturants with better food and prices nearby and not to feel obliged to go in as the person who stands outside is a pain. Just up the road from there by the 24 hr supermarket across from the taxi rank is a place called the Mirage.Our favorite for our English breakfast on a Sunday.

Offline davidzz

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 19:52:52 PM »
Mishy, I have to agree with you on Mirage, had some nice food there and they always make us feel welcome.

David

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf