Author Topic: Furnishing a new apartment  (Read 3440 times)

Offline hillg1968

Furnishing a new apartment
« on: July 14, 2004, 13:36:46 PM »
Could someone please advise on the easiest way to furnish an apartment.
Ours should be complete end of Septemberish and we need to fly out to check any snagging in the construction/interior and also need to kit it out.
Is it better to use people to do it for you or is it easy enough to go round with a list and do it yourself.
We need everything from beds/white goods to towels/knives and forks.
We could do with information on shops to visit etc and is it feasible to do it in 2-3 days.
Thanks
 8) :) ;)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 20:20:34 PM »
Hiya
Use the search facility to look for Spot Shop.
They've got a good name and seemingly have everything you'll need.
Anne

Offline jantaylor

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 20:27:58 PM »
Haven't used it [yet], but went past Eren Spot Shop, seems to be the place! They seem to sell most things you need at excellent prices. It's on the Calis/Gunlukbasi/Fethiye dolmus route. Someone smarter than me is bound to post the tread on here for you!
Best of luck
Jan

Offline CMC

• Baildon, Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 22:49:35 PM »
Hi, we knew we were v. limited for time to furnish so for once in my life I was organised. Before I went to Calis, I had a sheet of paper for each room and wrote down absolutely everything I needed for that room, right down to toiletries that could be left there, plastic bags for the toilet bins, bulbs,rugs, etc. etc.I looked around my own kitchen, lounge etc at home to remind me of essentials.
We went for 1 week in Oct, relaxed on day one, sorted out deeds day two, went out day three, hired a car for day four and five to buy all our things. As we bought it we crossed it off so we knew exactly what we were looking for. We used the 1 million shop for all bits for the kitchen, Erun Spot for all the furniture, shop in Fethiye for white goods and TV from Migros. All was delivered same day and we enjoyed staying in our place fully furnished for the final 2 days of our hols. It was a busy but stress free week. Guess what I forgot on my list? a cork screw and I didn't realise until I was feeling quite smug and ready to celebrate with a good bottle of wine!!
Christine

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 08:50:45 AM »
If you use the search facility on the forum you'll find lots of advice on this subject- I did. Somebody even posted their shopping list and the associated costs whcih was incredibly useful. I am following the advice Christine gives and have a great long list . I have already sussed out the places to shop and have a good idea of cost ready for our furnishing visit in September. we plan also to segment our holiday into sorting the apartment and then hols! Hope it works out that way.

Offline hillg1968

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 14:20:03 PM »
Thankyou for the help.

The link to the list would be good so I will have to try and find that

Thanks again to all :) :) :)

Offline glennat

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 16:03:18 PM »
Although below is the right link to the price list (and an excellent list it is too), I'm afraid the list appears to have vanished!

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}2313

Glen
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 16:04:46 PM by glennat »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 18:47:48 PM »
It could be that the server hosting the pics is down, keep checking as it may come back sooner or later.

Offline perry

• Cobbler
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 20:02:03 PM »
I have re-submitted the list, works OK now.

Perry :) :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf