Author Topic: Info on Ovacik  (Read 16583 times)

Offline Jenny1

Info on Ovacik
« on: August 06, 2008, 21:54:34 PM »
Hi
Can anybody advise me of any websites that give me info/photos on Ovacik?
Also cheap & cheerful accommodation as I am thinking of spending approx 2 months next year visiting a lot of the places I haven't seen in Turkey?
Thanks
Jen x

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 21:56:10 PM »
You won't need a hotel. You can see Ovacik in 2 minutes. One road, a billion villas. That's it.

Offline geordieboy

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 20:19:07 PM »
Hi Jenny1,obviously you are a lady of discernment as you wish to visit Ovacik.You will find that Ovacik has a wealth of small friendly bars and hotels.A short dolmus ride puts you into Olu Deniz which boasts one of the finest beaches in Turkey.Ovacik is regarded as being one of the upmarket areas in the region,this can be seen in the property prices as compared say to Calis,where you can buy property for peanuts. This is unfortunately due to the fact that Calis is built upon reclaimed marsh land,is known locally as Mosquito City,and unfortunately the beach is like a rubbish tip.However,I digress,in answer to your question I suggest you do a Google search on Ovacik,this will give you a wealth of web sites to visit,and also will give you a mass of intelligent information about the surrounding area etc.Hope you come and enjoy. 8)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 20:25:31 PM »
What a load of piffle

Offline geordieboy

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 20:46:43 PM »
Excuse me,me old mucker,I thought my reply to the young lady's posting was on the whole,well balanced and informative.If you could let me,and any other interested member know which of your buttons I pressed to dismiss my reply as piffle,I will.unlike your good self,endeavour to make an intelligent reply.       

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 20:52:54 PM »
The lady in question asked for information on Ovacik
not a dressing down of Calis, see if you can impress her
by sticking to the topic in question, and selling Ovacik.

Offline geordieboy

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 21:28:42 PM »
I have'nt got to sell Ovacik,she asked for info on Ovacik,and that is what she got.If another member can make disparaging remarks about the area,surely I can make similar remarks about another area.
I'me personally at a loss as to what in my posting,which you regard as piffle,has caused your reaction.
I respect your opinions,as hopefully you do mine.Perhaps you can highlight what has caused offence,I'me sure we can clear this up before it gets gladitorial and degenerates into a squabble. 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 01:23:56 AM »
Mosquito City? I have never heard anyone call it that. Funny how Ovacik people always discuss Calis as some sort of mosquito breeding ground, whereas the truth is we rarely see a mozzie anymore. By comparison, here are some honest Ovacik folk talking about the mosquito problem in Ovacik: http://calis-beach.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18510

So, Ovacik has a mozzie problem, but you call Calis "Mosquito City"?

Everyone has the right to decide what they prefer, if a sprawl of houses half way up a mountain with no beach at all is your taste, good for you. Jenny didn't ask you to slate Calis, as Tinkerman correctly pointed out.

Offline kaptainkrunchie

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 07:49:05 AM »
According to Assured Estates:

Situated on a high plateau, 4km from the coast and surrounded by stunning mountains, Ovacik is the laid back neighbour of livley Hisaronu. The nearest beaches are the famous lagoon of Ölüdeniz or the pebble and sand beach of Belçekiz. A dolmus (bus) leaves every five or ten minutes.
There are plenty of restaurants and bars, generally low key and relaxed, with the option of livier nights just down the road in Hisaronu

Offline minimoo

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 07:53:46 AM »
I don't usually get involved in this sort of thing, but I have to say, I do think geordieboy has a point. I have noticed on quite a few occasions that some of the Calis based members like to make unkind comments about Hisaronu and Ovacik, but will all jump to attention if anything bad is said about Calis.

I'm not going to give my views on either area, but would just like to say, each to their own, we can't all like the same things, and life would be boring if we did. If someone asks for information, lets just give it to them plain and simple without descending into childish comments.

By the way, I have been bitten by mozzies in Hisaronu, Ovacik, Olu Deniz, Kaya Koy, Calis, Fethiye, Uzumlu, Kemer, Antalya, Kalkan, Marmaris, Izmir and Kusadasi, so I think I can quite honestly say that they are simply everywhere.:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf