Author Topic: Info on Ovacik  (Read 16343 times)

Offline saoirse

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 11:38:56 AM »
grrrrrrrr

She is SOOOOOO dumped. I NEVER liked her!

Offline Jackds

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 18:28:29 PM »
One thing that nobody mentioned in the heat factor! On the plus side Ovacik is cooler in the summer months with a gentle mountain breeze compared to the stiffling heat at sea level. On the downside I find that out of season the clouds hug the mountains and its much brighter and warmer at sea level. I have also noticed on occassion that Olu Deniz, Hisaronu and Ovacik can be under cloud but if you travel to Calis its nice and sunny.

Offline brianthegardener

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 19:11:55 PM »
Jenny1 asked a good and proper question, she asked it politly and in a good manner...geordieboy gave a very good answer he even apologised for digressing,both scunner and tinkerman were down right rude, there is no need for this, the lady asked and got a polite reply...is it wrong to ask a civil question and expect to get a reply...i think not...minimoo should be congratulated on giving her response to the thread, she has spoken for many members in the forum, well done minimoo, maybe SHE should be a moderator with her calm and collective thoughts!!!!!.....I too will probably get my backside kicked for my views...so be it!! 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 19:18:28 PM »
Hi Brian,

I see you too live in Ovacik. I said that there wasn't much to see (from a touring point of view) in Ovacik, and I stand by that. I don't think I was rude, and I don't think Tinkerman was either. If someone wants to get out of their normal location and see a bit more of Turkey, leaving Calis to explore Ovacik isn't going to be that interesting IMHO - unless you can list the places we should all be putting on our list.

If you think I was rude I'll have to accept that. Strange how you thought that, but didn't think Geordie Boy's anti-Calis tirade was in any way rude? Nobody was asking about Calis anyway...

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 19:51:48 PM »
So thats where you've all been,  :)debating Ovacik, :P
you should be here debating when the rain will vgo off you lucky sods. ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 20:09:31 PM »
Tinkerman was down right rude? where was that?
I just queried as to why Geordiebloke was knocking calis and not giving the information requested on Ovacik?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 20:11:21 PM by tinkerman »

Offline davidzz

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 20:37:01 PM »
Jenny, there are a number of websites giving you info/photos on the area. I presume you want to stay in Ovacik as a base so you can visit other places, especially now Scunner informs us that not only have they have closed all but one road but also built a few hundred million more villas in the last 2 months  :o.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 20:38:56 PM by davidzz »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 20:52:10 PM »
Ah, taking my post 100% literally, very good.

Come on then, please tell me (and everyone else) what we should be taking in, during our visit to Ovacik! I don't want to miss any Turkish treasures that may be there.

Can any Ovacik person answer that one? It's a genuine question  :) How should we spend our sightseeing day there?

Offline saoirse

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 20:58:47 PM »
Never mind all that. Whats this about my heroine Miss Lamb ripping the back out of Turkey at some show? Tell me its not true Scunner

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 21:16:08 PM »
Well. She reportedly said that quality of build in Turkey was not good, but it was never actually proven. She also answered another question about buying in Turkey where she said something about it being the same "for any Eastern bloc country" which didn't go down very well with the Turkish exhibitors. There is also always a general feeling among Turkish exhibitors that she only ever talks about Spain and Italy, which is 100% true.

There is no truth in the rumour that she suggested that people who want to sample the delights of Turkey should ensure they visit Istanbul, Ephesus, and Ovacik.

I think you will join me in forgiving her though  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf