Author Topic: Info on Ovacik  (Read 16603 times)

Offline BabaYard

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 12:45:18 PM »
Keith, you have chosen to have a section for Ovacik on CBF, and you sell property in Ovacik.. Come on.

In terms of you being neutral. Here is a valid example (last page)

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}11593&whichpage=4&SearchTerms=Hisaronu

And for your information, my closest neighbors in Turkey (who now live there 12 months of the year) are Germans, and we have many Turks living near to us. Of course the local Turks aren't buying the villas and apartments that have been built in the last 5-6 years. Is this different is Calis?

As I speak, our villa is also being rented out to a Turkish family on holiday - They have chosen to rent in Ovacik, as many Turks now do.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my last post that although there is a superb water park in Calis, if you are staying in Ovacik, there are a couple of hotels that have very good water slides for children. And you can visit these hotels, and use their facilities for either a small fee, or as part of your spend on lunch and drinks.

It aint all bad Keith!

Offline minimoo

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 16:21:06 PM »
At the end of the day, Calis, Ovacik, Hisaronu, Olu Deniz...wherever, they are all part of the Fethiye area, and the area as a whole needs to be supported by all of us. We need to keep attracting tourists to this area. It's is then up to them to decide which part of the Fethiye area they like the most, and it's never going to be the same place for everyone.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 16:40:19 PM »
Indeed :D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008, 18:24:24 PM »
Minimoo, you are the most sensible 26 poster i have seen in recent months, Thank You

Tinx

Offline brianthegardener

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2008, 18:30:12 PM »
Well said BabaYard......nice to see someone putting things in order....might make a few other members who should know better, think before they post!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2008, 18:40:15 PM »
Of course that wouldn't include you, would it Brian...

Offline brianthegardener

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2008, 18:42:45 PM »
it sure does include me......i thought long and hard before posting,lol

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 18:45:55 PM »
:D ;)

Offline minimoo

Info on Ovacik
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2008, 23:46:17 PM »
Many thanks folks...can't promise I'm always this sensible though :D I just want to see the area as a whole prosper.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
Info on Ovacik
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 08:51:36 AM »
Jenny,

My in laws have a villa in Ovacik and we have an apartment in Karagozler Fethiye....and we decide where we will stay depending on the time of year. In July and August Fethiye is unbearably hot and humid where as there is always the mountain breeze in Ovacik which makes it just about manageable. Early or later in the season it can be a bit cool in Ovacik so we opt to stay in Fethiye.

Out of season Ovacik is deserted and Hisaronu like a ghost town. Fethiye is a working town so open all year round.

We count ourselves really lucky- Ovacik does have a charm of its own where my inlaws are feels quite rural but a ten minute walk takes you into Hisaronu with all the bars, restaurants and clubs etc. Their neighbours are a mix of Turkish and English mainly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf