Author Topic: To bare or not to bare,that is the question.  (Read 3614 times)

Offline brianthegardener

To bare or not to bare,that is the question.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 18:35:43 PM »
I totaly agree with all thats been said....Respect is needed...KKOB and i are probably from the same generation and i agree completly with his post......anyone who is showing disrespect should be asked to leave the premises, it doesnt matter where it is, dolmus,shop,bar, restaurant...these sort of people give tourists a bad name!!!

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 20:32:58 PM »
I wish some men would put on more clothes when out drinking too!

Offline GrantT

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 21:23:17 PM »
I agree too. Swimming cossies should be for swimming and sunbathing and nothing else. Once off the beach you should cover up a bit. Started to see this sort of thing around Fethiye town this summer and it looks awful. The strange thing is no matter how hot it is, they don't do it at home, so why do it on holiday.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 21:24:49 PM »
I think it's someting that the tour operators should point out to holiday makers. In saying that though, you are still going to get the 'This is my holiday, I'll do what i want' brigade.

Offline Stressed Eric

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 06:33:39 AM »
Unfortunately, as we live in Ovacik, we see it all the time on the Ovacik-Hisaronu road. I hate it and always without fail have to make comment to Hubby when we're driving down the road. I'm no prude but I am absolutely amazed by peoples lack of respect for the country they are visitors in. My sister used to come and visit and do the same....not anymore, not whilst she's with me anyway. I agree that the tour operators should make a point of it when their guests arrive. I'm sure some of it is down to pure ignorance, although most is down to the fact that they are just exhibitionists.
I wish the Jandarma could hand out fines...they'd make a small fortune.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 07:25:49 AM »
Why is it that so many of these people male and female that let it all hang out in inappropriate places have the sort of bodies that should never see the light of day anyway.:(

Offline geordieboy

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 10:19:53 AM »
BTG,in your posting,you state'' people like these give tourists a bad name'' I totally agree,but I would like to elaborate on that statement by saying it gives Britain itself a bad name. I think the British tourist has unfortunately already aquired a reputation abroad thanks to the actions and attitudes of the drink and fight all night and sleep all day brigade.I myself like many members are in the age bracket you refer to,I'me not an old fuddy duddy,and am not easily upset or disturbed by whatI see or hear,unfortunately during the holiday season it gets repetitive.What does upset me is when you're having a meal somewhere,in the company of normal tourists,Mum and Dad,hard working,saving for the hols,kids having a good time,when,what happens,through the door comes what they like to think of themselves as the heavy brigade,three lads,about 17 yrs old,got their 'birds' with them,same age,boobs dropping out,skirts up to their ears,mouths like open sewers,all tanked up.They naturally caused a ruck at the bar,give everyone the benefit of their extensive knowledge of the English language and left.What upset me was that once again I was ashamed of being British,
I felt sorry for the people around me,sorry for the kids,sorry their night out had been spoiled by the animals who came in.
But,most of all,I was ashamed to be British. Sorry to have rambled on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf