Author Topic: Ovacik Rubbish  (Read 4517 times)

Offline geordieboy

Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 17:55:41 PM »
Its all them bloody tourists.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 18:31:55 PM »
The rubbish in and around Ovacik, including the road down to Kaya Koy is appalling. We have just returned, and I was really disappointed at the amount of road rubbish everywhere.  Are there any addresses we could complain to? And whereby I agree the bulk is probably tourists, as the bulk of rubbish are plastic water bottles, but I also witnessed more than one local woman throwing rubbish down.  Road cleaners are needed!!!

Offline geordieboy

Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 20:21:00 PM »
Must agree with Sue Mac,for some reason the problem seems to be worse this year.What I can't get my head round is the number of people who pull up at a dustbin in a car and lob a bag of rubbish in the general direction of the bin,can't even get out the car.
We have a bin about 25 mtrs up the road from us and every morning while walking the dog I invariably stop to chuck bags in the bin,and the culprits are the Turks themselves.But I still think that the blame for the general rubbish ,bottles,cans,etc has got to be borne by the tourists,they would'nt get away with it in GB or any other country,so why do it here.Have on the spot fines.

Offline brianthegardener

Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 05:49:25 AM »
Zabitta are the people to complain to about rubbish or fly tipping, and yes it is tourists who are just throwing away there rubbish on the roads, followed one english family in Hisaronu the other afternoon....water bottle just dropped by youn lad (11 years old) girl dropped crisp packet(15 years old) adult(father I assume)dropped coke tin...all within 2 meters of each other.....mother dropped her empty coke tin a further 4 meters down the road :o[:(!][?]

Offline minimoo

Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 09:11:25 AM »
It's disgraceful really. I have always taught my children if there is no bin around, to put their rubbish in their pocket until they see one.

I think we need to have a Keep Turkey Tidy campaign here, and make not just the tourists, but also the locals (who are guilty too) aware just how bad all this rubbish makes the area look.

Offline slartibartfast

Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 05:59:23 AM »
Coming back on the Dolmus yesterday evening I was sitting behind two very well turned out elderly local ladies.  When their bottle of water was finished they lobbed it out of the Dolmus window onto the road.

In general , generalisations are overly general :-)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 06:29:44 AM »
Some Turkish people do Care.....We were on a bus recently coming back from Kas and at the bus station in Kalkan a Turkish woman with three obnoxious Kids in tow threw two empty water bottles out of the bus door. The bus driver observed this and made her get off the bus pick up the offending rubbish and put it in a nearby bin! She got back on the bus muttering what I can only assume to be abuse. However some way down the road she shouted for the driver to stop "Which he didn't hear":D  So she called to stop again and the driver very slowly came to a halt at the bottom of a hill about 3/4 of a mile past where she wanted to get off! Isn't revenge sweet? 8)

Offline ovaciksarah

Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 10:48:20 AM »
Walking the dogs in the forest every morning, loads of builders just tip everything and Bigehan hotel, don,t use their bins, blame it on the wild boars, rubbish everywhere, looks great when you get a wind, thought they were preparing for christmas, unmentionables hanging from the trees

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 11:29:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ovaciksarah

loads of builders just tip everything and Bigehan hotel, don,t use their bins, blame it on the wild boars

[?]

Offline geordieboy

Ovacik Rubbish
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ovaciksarah

Walking the dogs in the forest every morning, loads of builders just tip everything and Bigehan hotel, don,t use their bins, blame it on the wild boars, rubbish everywhere, looks great when you get a wind, thought they were preparing for christmas, unmentionables hanging from the trees

That was me hanging from the tree Sarah,doing my chin ups.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf