Author Topic: WARNING...Arif Dogrusoz /Armel property ma  (Read 3441 times)

Offline MagicalGarden

WARNING...Arif Dogrusoz /Armel property ma
« on: August 27, 2008, 18:32:31 PM »
warning...Arif Dogrusoz owner of Armel property management and consultancy

This is just to let everyone know about Arif Dogrusoz. We first met him last year when he was introduced to us as someone who does residence visa's, translations and any other documents. He is Turkish but speaks perfect English. He also does property managment. at the time he had an office in Fethiye. This summer he either went into partnership with A home in the med estate agency on Calis prom or rented space in their office. Last year he was employed by us to help both me and Smudge renew our residents visa. This he did with out any problems.

In april we employed him again to do our new babies residency and some other paperwork. Last week we were finally told Ceyda's visa was ready to be collected and he would go with us. Friday Smudge phoned him and said whats going on? He informed Smudge he had pocketed the money and kept my passport, Ceydas passport and my residents visa. We gave him the weekend to return our money and documents and explain himself. We had a reciept for all money paid.

Monday afternoon i spent 3 hours at fethiye police station making a statment. Plain clothes police then went to his home and escourted him back to the station along with mine and my babies documents.
The police will be contacting us in due time regarding what will happen next.

We were lucky in that we had a reciept and he was caught with passports etc still at his house.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 18:42:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by MagicalGarden

warning...Arif Dogrusoz owner of Armel property management and consultancy

This is just to let everyone know about Arif Dogrusoz. We first met him last year when he was introduced to us as someone who does residence visa's, translations and any other documents. He is Turkish but speaks perfect English. He also does property managment. at the time he had an office in Fethiye. This summer he either went into partnership with A home in the med estate agency on Calis prom or rented space in their office. Last year he was employed by us to help both me and Smudge renew our residents visa. This he did with out any problems.

In april we employed him again to do our new babies residency and some other paperwork. Last week we were finally told Ceyda's visa was ready to be collected and he would go with us. Friday Smudge phoned him and said whats going on? He informed Smudge he had pocketed the money and kept my passport, Ceydas passport and my residents visa. We gave him the weekend to return our money and documents and explain himself. We had a reciept for all money paid.

Monday afternoon i spent 3 hours at fethiye police station making a statment. Plain clothes police then went to his home and escourted him back to the station along with mine and my babies documents.
The police will be contacting us in due time regarding what will happen next.

We were lucky in that we had a reciept and he was caught with passports etc still at his house.

Good God, what is wrong with people like him? Did he honestly believe he could get away with it? Well done to the police though for sorting it out.

Once again, to make a short term buck, someone puts their name, their company and reputation on the line, and loses. Do they not realise that one thing us Brits do well is TALK :D

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Thank the lord there are plenty other HONEST people who can supply this service in Fethiye.

What really amazes me time after time is the people that had the whole World in their hand, could have been the biggest agent, or tour operator or anything else, and blew the lot because they tried to con a fiver out of someone. Incredible.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 18:56:33 PM »
What was the point? you weren't going to sit back and say OK.

From what I have been told translators are expensive so he had the opportunity to make some decent money by doing a good job.  Word of mouth would have ensured follow up business.  As you say Scunner we like to talk and are just as happy to pass on good news as well as bad.

What a waste.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 21:33:59 PM »
Did he honestly think you were going to sit back and do nothing Elaine?
Good on you for taking action straight away by getting the police involved.
I wonder though how many other people he's conned???

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 16:48:29 PM »
At least hes being done for it ,remember Tango?

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 17:26:46 PM »
Unbelievable! I just don't understand their mentality?
Thank goodness you had receipts & the police caught him still with your passports.
That's one thing I REALLY don't like - the lack of receipts if you buy something - it's often worse than pulling teeth, trying to get a receipt!

Offline jinky

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 23:38:00 PM »
always get a receipt that way they have to pay tax on the bill and they hate when you ask for one they will take their time in the hope you will just leave.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:42:16 AM »
unfortunatly many ex pats who are scammed do not report the matter to the Gendarme,Are they too proud to admit they were took?we had a similar experience last year with someone we had known for four years and thought he could be trusted,when we reported it we were thanked by the Gendarme,they knew of this guy but because no-one had filed a complaint they couldnt touch him.It came to light a little while later that quite a few of the Brits and some Turkish [It appears they have their own way of dealing with the problem] living in the Koca Calis area had been done by this guy and had just written it off as down to the learning curve.One year later we are still awaiting the result of our complaint but have been told there may be a resolution by October.Will we get our cash back? I dont think so ,but we will not have sat back a let it happen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf