Author Topic: Electric charges  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Lakers

Electric charges
« on: September 03, 2008, 19:18:12 PM »
Hi everyone,

Please can you advise, I have just recieved by electric bill for 3 weeks stay and the amount equates to £30 per week.

This appears a lot, we have a 2 bed  apt and the only equipment used is the washing machine and air con units, which are used approx 5 hours per day.

Is this bill correct or have the charges increased excessively and if so are there ways of reducing the bill.

If this bill is correct, How do the locals afford to pay their utility bills.

thks in anticipation

Mark aand family

Offline geordieboy

Electric charges
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 12:50:27 PM »
How did you recieve the bill,was it from the official meter reader who appears approx every 2 mths,reads the meter and his little gizmo spits out the bill?.Yes electricity charges have dramatically increased this year.It appears now that as the price of oil increases,the charge for electricity goes up automatically.Our last bill,covering a period of 8/9 wks for a large villa,large pool,pumps on 8hrs a day,numerous appliances,worked out at approx £12 a week.
You can save money by running appliances like washing machines after 10pm when you are on the cheapest tariff.
If you want to save time,money,and sweat,take all your weeks laundry down to Wishy Washy's laundry,they'll do all the washing and ironing for pennies,they also alter clothes,make curtains etc.
Wishy Washy is at hisaronu end of Ovacik,just along from the Coffee Pot cafe. :)

Offline Lakers

Electric charges
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 18:23:48 PM »
Thks for your reply.
I have the bills from the meter reading company and they show a useage rate of 581 units for 2 weeks at a cost of 80ytl this is increased further by an additionhal 43 ytl which I assume is a standing charge.
we have only used 2 air con units and the washing during this period, the pool and outside lights are paid for within our maintenance contract.
In comparison this does seem very excessive to your villa.

What other measures can be taken to ensure this reading is accurate.

thks

Mark

PS Thks for the tip on cheap tarrif, this also is cofusing as the aircon units are only used at night during the cheap rate !!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Electric charges
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 21:26:32 PM »
manbe it's the air con units,they use a lot of electricity

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Electric charges
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 07:32:30 AM »
you say additional charge of 43TL this is not standing charge, was the previous bill paid? you need to check, if not this is added to the next. can you copy the bill to the forum? (you can take out the personal address and names bits)

Offline brianthegardener

Electric charges
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 16:10:12 PM »
I agree with Loz, there is no standing charge, it sounds like you have an outstanding bill thats not been payed, thats what the other charge is.....electric charges have escalated in the last 6/7 months and will continue into october when i believe there will be another increase :o

I do agree with you though....your bill does seem a bit high, if it was me i would be asking questions at electric office.....i got a bill for 255 ytl for 3 days at my apartment...queried bill and got it re assesed.....2.4 ytl  and an appology from meter reader....moral of the story...it DOES pay to kick off!!!! :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 16:16:58 PM by brianthegardener »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Electric charges
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 17:09:29 PM »
I have just stayed in our place for a week (we are not happy with our electric costs - site rates) and took readings.

We are being charged 2.25 Kurus per unit and with two of us using the electric as normal - ie - aircon on all night in bedroom and washer, fan, kettle, lights etc used as normal (we always try and switch lights off when not in the room)we averaged 10 units per day = 2.25ytl per day x 7 nights = 15.75 per week.

We are hoping to move away from the excessive site rates and Nikkie from Assured estates is looking into this for us. Hopefully this will make a difference.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 17:10:04 PM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf