Author Topic: Four Seasons Restaurant Ovacik  (Read 11753 times)

Offline sooty

Four Seasons Restaurant Ovacik
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:34:58 AM »
Went to Four Seasons Restaurant last night for a meal, when we got our meals (4 of us) there was so much salt in them that we were unable to eat it, we told the waiter and he laughed and said he would sack the chef and walked off, we asked for the bill and it came and they had tried to charge us an extra 50 lira on what the cost should have been, we actually live in Turkey and we had my parents with us, so we were aware we had been overcharged, we sent the bill back and he admitted that they had overcharged us and apologised.  This could have easily been some unsuspecting tourists who had just arrived and would have been ripped off for 50 lira, it is just not on, they obviously dont care about their quality of food they serve their customers even if you complain and then to try to blatently rip you off, it is just not good enough !!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:50:34 AM »
I totally agree Sooty. Did you actually eat the meals in question or did you get replacements? If you could not eat them then I would have refused to pay for them. To then be charged an extras 50ytl is an insult to your intelligence! They obviously thought you were tourists.

Thanks for the warning - I will stay well clear of this place if we get up that way.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 12:26:57 PM »
With the competition in Hisaronu & Ovacik you would think that restaurants would be on top of thier game in both food quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
A bad review like this and I will just not bother and go elsewhere.

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 18:06:31 PM »
Im very supprised this has happened sooty, Ive been there many times and never had a bad meal or for that matter had a problem with the staff or managment.....been going there for about 6 months on a weekly basis.....realy realy supprised :o....mistakes do happen...can only think this was one of them..

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 23:16:23 PM »
Live in Uzumlu, but when we go to Hisaronu/Ovacik, the Four Seasons are the only restaurant we can guarantee a good welcome and reception and good, reasonably priced meal.... been going for three years!

Offline Linda

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 00:09:59 AM »
We too are very regular customers at 4 Seasons and have known the staff for a long time. I think we were there on the night you went sooty, as I heard Muhammet apologising prefusely to a table of 4 customers just before they left. This is indeed unusual which is why I noticed it. He is a cheeky chappy but also professional and I would ahve expected him to have handled the situation better!

I can only reiterate what brianthegardener and bikerchickblonde have said. However, this is not to condone the experience that you had Sooty. The unsatisfactory food is not good albeit very unusual but I can say quite categorically that the overcharged bill must have been a genuine mistake. I know these boys well and there is no way that they would intentionally rip anyone off.

Rest assured that I will relay to the restaurant your experience as they need to learn by their mistakes. I can understand if this has put sooty and any potential customers off, however, all I can say, without reservation, is that this is disapointing and not the norm! So maybe some people will give them a 2nd chance.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 00:14:19 AM by Linda »

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 00:26:06 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Linda

maybe some people will give them a 2nd chance.

I won`t be giving them a 1st chance.  [8]

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 07:48:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Linda

We too are very regular customers at 4 Seasons and have known the staff for a long time. I think we were there on the night you went sooty, as I heard Muhammet apologising prefusely to a table of 4 customers just before they left. This is indeed unusual which is why I noticed it. He is a cheeky chappy but also professional and I would ahve expected him to have handled the situation better!

I can only reiterate what brianthegardener and bikerchickblonde have said. However, this is not to condone the experience that you had Sooty. The unsatisfactory food is not good albeit very unusual but I can say quite categorically that the overcharged bill must have been a genuine mistake. I know these boys well and there is no way that they would intentionally rip anyone off.

Rest assured that I will relay to the restaurant your experience as they need to learn by their mistakes. I can understand if this has put sooty and any potential customers off, however, all I can say, without reservation, is that this is disapointing and not the norm! So maybe some people will give them a 2nd chance.

If that table was not sooty then that is someone else that didn't have a great night there.

Offline Linda

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 09:01:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure it was sooty as we were there all evening and it's not that big a restaurant. As I said it is very unusual to hear anyone having cause to complain there.

Offline davidzz

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 13:33:27 PM »
We too have been in 4 seasons a number of times and our food was very good.We don't like salt when cooking at home so would have noticed if this was the case. Bills have always seemed accurate ( I have a daughter who works everything out in her head ) in fact I thought it to be very reasonable. The atmosphere has always been very good , live singer, waiters being entertainers etc the background music played may seem a bit dated and off this planet at times, not ideal for dining,I think this could be improved. I know many people who have used this restaurant and being more than happy with it. The reason I have put this,is because there should be a discussion on this topic from any members who have visited this place. Sooty, Brian, Bikerchick and Linda have made useful contributions to this post based on their experiences. We too have been put off Restaurants and not returned through one bad experience, having visited many times before, but are always careful to point out that we can not judge it on that. Linda you may find that some people are too narrow minded to try this place and would rather criticise your contribution. The danger is that if you try an pursuade them to go in there after reading the rest of the posts, they would be looking for fault and an opportunity to add a negative comment. We still liked it
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 13:35:20 PM by davidzz »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf