Author Topic: info wanted longterm lets  (Read 3936 times)

Offline leep

info wanted longterm lets
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »
Hi i am very keen to come over and stay in  the fetiya region.Has any one got any info on longterm lets/prices -say 3/6 months to see how things pan out 4 me.Any other info that may be applicable on costs of living ie total costs per month ,including all bills that are associated with this would be most welcome .If you live out there are there many ex-pats? I have been to turkey twice now an loved it,but could really do with some guidlines on helping me make that change. Many thanx ,please write.[8)]

Offline fletch

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 11:27:08 AM »
Hi Leep,

You may be asked to introduce yourself to the forum, you can do this via introduction section.

In answer to your questions you may want to dredge through previous topics and sections eg Cost of Living etc.

Have fun and enjoy the forum and I hope you get your answers.

Fletch :)

Offline ragman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:34:34 PM »
Hi leep,try the land of lights news paper,i think it comes out every month in fethiye,it has property for rent section.just put land of lights in search engine and it should come up  ;)

Offline jinky

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 14:00:39 PM »
land of lights comes out every monday during the season and every second monday close of season.lots of rentals but most of them that are in the paper have been there for a while.they seem to take a long time to take out the old adds.maybe its because the ones that are advertising dont phone them to withdraw their adds when they rent them out.

Offline tracey1398

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 16:41:06 PM »
Hi we have a family guest house in calis and we are letting rooms for 250ytl amonth inc bills we have a few people staying for the winter it might suit you if you didnt want the ties of renting while you are deciding  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 13:21:58 PM »
If anyone is looking, I have two villas available for long/longish term rent. Not mine, just helping a friend. You can contact me and I'll put you in touch.

Offline peecee

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 17:35:52 PM »
hi, The Fethiye Times (an online paper) is very informative on cost of living etc

Offline goatman

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 18:21:53 PM »
Hello Lee
you are making the right decision by renting out here to get a feel of things. Living here and holidaying here are 2 different things.Beware that offically you cannot work here unless a firm gets you a work permit.(unlikely)so be prepared for keeping yourself busy other ways. Re cost of living:- my personal experiences are that to own and run a house is very cheap although the cost of electricity is going up, mind you thats the same as the UK but initially to shop day to day in the supermarkets is dearer that the UK. Go to the markets for fresh fruit and veg and BiM for cheap day to day goods. They dont stock as much as Migros or Tansas but are alot cheaper. The BiG benefit over here is the interest on your money in the bank. This varies between 16 and 20% depending on the amount and this is held in a monthly account so you can draw out 1 day each month without losing interest. Rent on properties varies dramatically depending on naivity. Be aware some try to charge you in pounds not ytl for the same amount. seek advice from expats on here re costs per month depending on what you want. i hope that helps a little

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 18:28:33 PM »
Lee?  Long term rental?  Got me shaking in my boots!!!!

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 19:10:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lynne

Lee?  Long term rental?  Got me shaking in my boots!!!!

Why? what's wrong with long term rental. Alan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf