Author Topic: bbc1 and 2.  (Read 3048 times)

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
bbc1 and 2.
« on: November 21, 2008, 02:24:03 AM »
i read yesterday bbc1 and 2 were going to start broadcasting online in a couple of weeks time. the article went on to saying that it was only available e acessed from the uk, however expats could use it with a system that  blocks where you are online from , anybody know of this system??

Offline philrose

bbc1 and 2.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 06:27:47 AM »
If you mean iplayer it has been available for a year or so, but can only be viewed if you have a UK ip address so anonymous browsers such as vtunnel won't work.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
bbc1 and 2.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 14:54:19 PM »
no actually broadcasted on the internet and viewed on ur computor thru broadband (timesonline aticle yesterday)availble in a couple of weeks time  .as i said it only available accessed from the uk. but it did say there was a way of presumably hideing your uk identity..thats what i would like to know...sorry for not making myself clear.

Offline Firo

bbc1 and 2.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 15:13:49 PM »
Find yourself a free IP address through Proxy4u (I think but do a search using the key words and you'll find lots). Pick an UK one, apply it and then they think your PC is in the UK. Been doing it for about 6 weeks now and get UK TV.
Fi

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
bbc1 and 2.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 15:44:25 PM »
I heard this topic covered on the radio yesterday, the reason that they don't allow online viewing outside of the UK is to avoid being sued over media rights, for instance, if they run a Warner Brothers film, their deal with Warner Bros will be to make the film available to everyone with a TV licence. If the film is also shown online in Turkey then that may undermine any exclusivity agreement between a Turkish broadcaster and the film company.

They did talk about the sort of software that Firo has installed, and it seems to be a decent option, but only if you can get high speed internet access.

Good luck with this, Just think, Jeremy Kyle 5 days a week !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
bbc1 and 2.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 15:57:04 PM »
10 times a week if you watch it again on ITV2 :D No that I do of course, or any BBC or ITV programmes, that would break the rules  ;)

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
bbc1 and 2.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 20:04:57 PM »
hi fi!! seems very probably what they were talking about, will give it a try...thanks.

Offline Firo

bbc1 and 2.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 08:11:27 AM »
We upgraded to the top package on TTnet to get the unlimited downloads and faster internet connection and I would say this is a must or else you get lots of stuttering streaming.
Good luck
Fi

Offline mavi252

bbc1 and 2.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 18:00:00 PM »
Hi there
I am new to this forum but live in the Callis area for years and have been trying to watch UK tv online the whole time I have been here!
So happy when I found this forum and this topic. !!!
I have done as sugessted and used a UK proxy server to get a UK IP address and then when I go onto bbcone i player it says that I need java script enabled to watch it...but I do have it enabled so I am completley confused!!![|)]
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance! :)

Offline Eric

bbc1 and 2.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 20:55:51 PM »
Are you linking through Internet Explorer or Firefox?  I have problems with Firefox as I have Java on my laptop but through Firefox it tells me to download it and then it will not download.  Through IE I have no problems as it reads and accepts that I have Java.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf