Author Topic: Deliktas  (Read 4882 times)

Offline wendy1

Deliktas
« on: December 28, 2008, 15:32:17 PM »
Hi,just wondering and hoping, if anyone has any information on the beliktas area, i'm thinking of buying there,i have a 11 year old daughter,who would obviously need to go to school,does anyone know what the schools are like in that area,or would you recommend that i send her to another 1? she is fluent in Turkish,and has all the papers to be able to go to school.

Also, could you please tell me what the dolmus services are like to get into the centre of Fethiye,eg what time they start, how often they run etc....

Any information would be a great help,

thanks alot, look forward to hearing, and chatting to you all,

Wendy xxx

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 21:35:45 PM »
Hi Wendy. Welcome to the area. We have a place in Deliktas and there are many others on the forum as well. There are lots of school dolmus's that whizz up and down the hill every day. There are also regular dolmus service that runs twice every hour that goes to Karagozler in Fethiye.

Offline sporran

Deliktas
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »
Hi Wendy, we have a 3 bedroom apartment in Deliktas which is up for sale. It is fully furnished. If you want any further details please e-mail me. We dont have any info on the local schools but virtually across the road from our apartment is the Dolmus bus stop and I think a school bus also comes into Deliktas. These are only a few of the improvements that have taken place in the area over the last year or so.

Offline amanda bullock

Deliktas
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »
Hi Wendy,welcome to CBF.We have an apt in Deliktas too.Lovely up there.Accesible for everything but quiet enough as well.Dolmus and taxis always available.

Offline wendy1

Deliktas
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 14:04:07 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for your replies,think i will have to pop down and take a look at the area and amenities, i have been there once for the weekend early on in the year, but really wasn't thinking about moving at that time, so didn't take anything in!!!!!

I am looking for a place to buy, got a couple of places to look at, but if any of you know of any good bargains to be had, i would be very greatful lol.I would need a minimum of 2 double bedrooms,and would prefer a new or fairly new build, with or without furniture.
 thanks again,

Wendy x

Offline sporran

Deliktas
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 14:23:41 PM »
Hi again Wendy, might be well worthwhile looking at our apartment, it is only 2 years old and is a top floor duplex with 3 big double bedrooms. It has the most stunning views overlooking Fethiye and is furnished to a very high level. It has only been lived in for a few times and we are happy to do a deal. We are selling because we have a family member who is very ill which makes it difficult for us to get over and make use of it. I can easily arrange a viewing if you are interested.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Deliktas
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 16:09:36 PM »
Sporran - sorry to hear you are selling up, I was hoping to meet up again over the coming seasons. Best of luck with it.

Offline sporran

Deliktas
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 17:06:21 PM »
Thanks GB, circumstances can change things, we were hardly over this year and will probably not get over next year together which is not the same. All the best for 2009

Offline chewyturk

Deliktas
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 21:10:47 PM »
Hi Wendy,

Deliktas is nice and quiet, not much traffic and very peaceful. Things have improved a lot this last year with the introduction of Tarmac!!, a Dolmus, a Taxi rank and another new mini-market.

It's only a short walk to BIM, SOK and not too far to Carrefour and the bus station.

Q1. Does anyone know what the schools are like in that area,or would you recommend that i send her to another 1? she is fluent in Turkish,and has all the papers to be able to go to school.

Our daughter is nearly 10 and she attends the Ataturk school in Fethiye centre (not the private Ata). This is an excellent school and has won many awards - we found it better than the private ones.

Q2. Also, could you please tell me what the dolmus services are like to get into the centre of Fethiye,eg what time they start, how often they run etc....

The dolmus service is reliable albeit somewhat limited. It runs every half an hour to fethiye and back. They start at around 6:30 and run 'till 19:00.
At weekends they run once an hour. Not sure what time they start as i've never been inclined to wake up that early:D

There are several apartments to choose from and you should be able to pick one up quite cheap at the moment as everyone is skint ;)

Regards
John

Offline wendy1

Deliktas
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 16:01:50 PM »
Tarmac eh? whatever next  :) Thanks John, Deliktas is sounding better everyday,i don't want to live anywhere busy, but also don't want to live right out in the sticks.
Iv'e scoured the web sites looking for homes, and there are alot of nice homes for sale, at reasonable prices, probably going to call down in the next couple of weeks and take a good look around.

thanks to everyone for all your help,

Regards
Wendy x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf