Author Topic: poor old posty.  (Read 6763 times)

Offline geordieboy

poor old posty.
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:34:03 AM »
It seems our trusty postman has committed some transgression of the law and has received 15 mths as a result.It seems he signed for a document for somebody  who later denied receiving it,so what might well have been a helpful action backfired badly.
When we first moved to Ovacik 8 years ago there were no street names or house numbers and mail was delivered purely because he knew the names of people in the district.Part of our address when we first moved here was " the house behind the school",well the school closed down years ago and our place was miles away,but the mail was delivered.
I suppose the usual wags will make mileage out of my term "trusty postman",but he was,he's often asked me if I knew of a Mr or Mrs X,and if so where they lived,he's been knocked off his scooter,chased and attacked by dogs,abused by Brits because their mail has taken 3 weeks to arrive from the UK,etc,etc.
I personally could'nt care what he's allegedly done,he was a vital cog in the community.BRING HIM BACK.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
poor old posty.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:04:26 AM »
We've heard half a dozen or so variations on the story of why he's been locked up and the sentence ranges from 1 to 5 years. But IMO, if he's been found guilty of theft, he deserves to be locked up.

Apparently residents of Ovacik and Hisaronu can now collect their post from Hisaronu PTT on production of their passport or Turkish ID card.

In the meantime the Zabita Polis are providing a delivery service in the centre of Hisaronu.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
poor old posty.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 13:25:01 PM »
The following was posted this morning and has been copied and pasted from another form:

"I have been informed of the full details as to what happened to the postman, but cannot put them in writing for legal reasons. Suffice to say that it seems that he has been used as a "Patsy" by some unscrupulous characters, and is in prison awaiting trial, as is the norm in Turkey.

He has been the postman in the village for 21 years without any problems, and was due to retire in August this year. If this case is not resolved by then, he will lose all retirement benefits regardless of being found guilty or not. An added blow is that he has two young children to support."

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
poor old posty.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 13:46:49 PM »
As an ex-postman i can honestly say things like that happen in England, i was delivering on a round for another postie, hed told me that if a recorded letter comes for a certain address, just sign it and put it through the mailbox of the address on the letter, i was lucky it didn't arrive while i was on the round, but it can  and does happen. Alan

Offline kevin b

poor old posty.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 14:49:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by number2

As an ex-postman i can honestly say things like that happen in England, i was delivering on a round for another postie, hed told me that if a recorded letter comes for a certain address, just sign it and put it through the mailbox of the address on the letter, i was lucky it didn't arrive while i was on the round, but it can  and does happen. Alan

Yes our old postie used to do that all the time we were not in when he came.
Another postie used to leave parcels on doorstep & no card in door to say he left it.

Offline brianthegardener

poor old posty.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 16:00:37 PM »
"Apparently residents of Ovacik and Hisaronu can now collect their post from Hisaronu PTT on production of their passport or Turkish ID card."...by KKOB in above thread..

That is correct...on production of my passport earlier today i picked up my mail...christmas cards :-\:P :o
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 16:01:56 PM by brianthegardener »

Offline milliemars

poor old posty.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 16:51:08 PM »
I went for my mail 2 days ago nothing there.I went today to pay my internet with an old bill and miracle of miracles my phone bill 3 christmas cards and a birthday card,was waiting for me,Zabita are doing what they can,but it is chaos in there.Oh and no one asked for my passport.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
poor old posty.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 17:19:01 PM »
we had two postagi's on a scooter come to us today:D

Offline Diverbaz 1

poor old posty.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 17:55:20 PM »

Did you mean "postaci" tinx.:D:D

Baz 8)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member