Author Topic: poor old posty.  (Read 6611 times)

Offline julesbob0303

poor old posty.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 18:25:08 PM »
I had a registered parcel from Turkey a few days ago (which needed signing for).  As I work in a school, I am never home during the day Monday to Friday.  Our postie is brilliant - I had no problem with him signing for it and pushing it through the door.   :)  

I live in a row of six cottages in a little village, and if you need to collect a parcel from the main sorting office, it's a real pain as it closes at 1.30pm (very difficult if you are at work all day).  One of our neighbours has a small porch and if someone's not at home, all parcels are left there (with a note pushed through your door!)   :)

He's a great guy - before we moved here, I was involved in a nasty car accident (my fault   :o:( ).  He just happened to be delivering to a house close by.  He ran out, called emergency services etc and stayed until everything was sorted.  He then called round to our house later that evening in his own time to see how I was.  He wasn't even our postie at the time, but we knew him.  He's always whistling and happy (AND he loves Turkey!)  :D  

If only all postmen were like him.   :)

Sorry off thread - just wanted to stick up for nice posties everywhere!   ;)

Offline kevin b

poor old posty.
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 19:33:30 PM »
Jules that is good of the postie but at the end of the day he is not doing his job properly & is interfering with her majestys mail.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
poor old posty.
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 20:05:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by julesbob0303

I had no problem with him signing for it and pushing it through the door.   :)  

Do you have to keep buying new doors ?  :D

Offline julesbob0303

poor old posty.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 19:30:42 PM »
lol Crabbit  :D

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
poor old posty.
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 21:51:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kevin burton

Jules that is good of the postie but at the end of the day he is not doing his job properly & is interfering with her majestys mail.

But thank goodness people like that postie exist or it would be a very dull, beurocratic, world.

Offline julesbob0303

poor old posty.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 22:14:16 PM »
Thank you Albaman!   :)  I totally agree.   :)

We live in a small village, and the postie reminds me of how things used to be - everyone helping each other and looking out for each other.  I trust him 100%, as does everyone else.  He's a fabulous bloke.  I don't think he's "interfering with her majestys mail" one bit - he is out to help anyone he can, and to cause as little inconvenience as he can.   :)

He keeps an eye on any old folk on his round, and always has time for a chat before moving on.  There are not many people like him around any more, mores the pity.   ;)

Offline geordieboy

poor old posty.
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »
Was in the Fez bar last night and signed the petition which is doing the rounds in support of posty.For people who would like to add support I have been reliably informed that you can also sign a petition in the pharmacy next door to Billys bar {English bar} in the village.
I concur with KKOB as to the various stories circulating in regard to the alleged offence,however the overall opinion seems to be that posty is the fall guy.I for one am not a great believer in petitions,but I do think that if enough people,both Brits and Turks show enough support for the guy then hopefully the authorities may take notice.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
poor old posty.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 21:52:49 PM »
our postman here in england can't read we get everyone else post, and i'm sure they get our's.i am fed up of complaining

Offline simpsons

poor old posty.
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 06:47:24 AM »
Saw the Postie the other day on his little postie bike, so it looks like he is back in the saddle.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
poor old posty.
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 06:52:04 AM »
I think you probably saw the new postie that's been drafted in to cover the area.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf