Author Topic: Sterling from cash machine  (Read 3693 times)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Sterling from cash machine
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 07:22:29 AM »
I have a couple of UK accounts with Hsbc.I normaly use their ATMs in Fethiye.But I have never found the process to be free!I get charged 2% on withdrawals and they can be in any currency the machine dispences.The exchange rate at the time appears on my account.I did not find the hsbc plus account worthwhile once I became a resident here because most of the other benefits such as free travel insurance do not apply.So it is sometimes slightly better to withdraw in sterling and negotiate with the cash exchanges than it would be to withdraw in YTL.A small point here,Even after a number of attempts I have never found HSBC here to give the best interest rate for YTL savings accounts.Another negative I have experience with them is when the ATM eats your card as it did to mine on a saturday.They do not reload the ATM till cease business on the Monday at about 1800hrs.So beware on this.Good luck PS The atm at Calis is by the river bridge and is a touch sensitive one.As th booth faces into the sun most of the day it very often fails to work in the summer as it cannot feel the finger heat.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 07:54:45 AM »

The exchange rate if you draw TL from a UK bank account is lower, hence the reason I draw sterling and then go into the bank and change it, always found the rate given inside is better than the cash exchanges.

Baz 8)

Offline tracey1398

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 10:01:22 AM »
be very careful of the hsbc atm in calis i have recently withdrawn a total of 800 pounds which did not come out and still not sorted it out..

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 10:11:28 AM »
Can anyone please tell me where the HSBC bank is in Fethiye ?
Thanks
Anne

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by littlereddevil

Can anyone please tell me where the HSBC bank is in Fethiye ?
Thanks
Anne

On the top road, the one way system back from the blue bus terminus, from the start of the road it's about 200 yards up on the left, going with the traffic flow. Alan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf