Author Topic: English TV  (Read 2673 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
English TV
« on: February 18, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »
Have just signed up for a package to receive all BBC & ITV programs via your computer which may be watched on the TV. Obviously you must have ADSL installed.  Details of the programs available can be seen in this weeks Land of Lights.You can also watch backdated programs on this system. It does not cost a fortune either.  Compatibility check and inspection is is just 15TL  You can decide at this point if you don't want to go ahead and that is all it will cost you. The computer program is £75 depending on the $ exchange rate and covers a whole year and must then be renewed. The setting up and installation is just 60TL plus any cables you may need. Certainly is the cheapest option I have found.
The man to contact is a great guy and will answer all your questions.  He speaks perfect English.

He runs a separate company Dealing with all aspects of Turkish Bureaucracy you may be having problems with. His website is www.helplinefethiye.com where you can obtain his email address and phone number.
Looks like the Digiturk box may be going:D

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
English TV
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 12:14:20 PM »
Forgot to mention his name is Umit Kasim

Offline kevin b

English TV
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 13:01:05 PM »
You can watch tv programes & football for free on computer through the streaming sites but picture quality is not always good.

Offline tel

English TV
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 15:15:24 PM »
Did tell you we were watching all UK progs Brian (about 18channels and back progs) last time we met up.
Cost...free!!!!  Although I now use a more reliable proxy....cost£5 p/mth.
Glad you got fixed up though....Enjoy

Offline tel

English TV
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 15:19:11 PM »
Make sure you have unlimited internet connection or you will be shocked when the bill comes in.  eg An episode of Top Gear would take about half a Gig of your allowance if you are not..Maybe helpful to be enlightened on this aspect too.

Offline Sleuth

English TV
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 15:23:06 PM »
Great news tribalelder :-) will log the info. Please tell me Kevin,or Tribalelder ? on a count of 1  to 10  on the picture quality ( 10 being perfect )  what would you score the picture quality ?

Offline kevin b

English TV
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 15:32:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sleuth

Great news tribalelder :-) will log the info. Please tell me Kevin,or Tribalelder ? on a count of 1  to 10  on the picture quality ( 10 being perfect )  what would you score the picture quality ?

Mostly I watch football & picture quality is from 5-10 depending on the stream it comes from but I would say most of the football I watch is 7 but hey it is free.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
English TV
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 15:41:16 PM »
Sleuth.....picture quality I would put at 7+ to 8 but I am watching this on a 40 inch screen so possibly quality could be improved. I would willingly forgo a small reduction in quality to escape from Digiturk programmes so it is all relative. :)

Tel....we are unlimited so not a problem

Offline chrislyn

English TV
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 22:09:39 PM »
Umit installed it for us he is a really nice guy and very helpful, we had a few challenges getting installed and he didn't give up until we had our Eastenders and Corrie!!! hooray how sad it that!:-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf