Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 2423 times)

Offline tetmeister

Dogs
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »
Please be aware english dog owners that there have been four dogs,english owned, that have "keeled over and died" recently; cause unknown,but definately suspect(i.e, no signs of trauma).

Offline ovaciksarah

Dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »
have theybeen eating the poison meant for the wild boars or is it when they are being walked on the mountain, or have they died in their own gardens

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Dogs
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 13:06:30 PM »
As someone who intends to move to Calis with two dogs it would be useful to know a bit more about this.

The questions that Sarah has asked are very relevant as it would help to know the manner & locaion of the dogs death.

Is there reason to suspect that this is happening deliberately?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Dogs
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 14:06:43 PM »
There's every reason to think it's deliberate.

Offline tetmeister

Dogs
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 16:57:31 PM »
the dogs were found close to boundary walls of english owned villas,poison looking the most likely cause.Suggest dogs are kept on leads and definately in eyeshot.Dont take less responsibility for your dogs here than you would back in UK,infact be more vigilant.Were looking after a beautiful staff for a friend whos in the UK having lost her husband to cancer,and we dont let her out of our sight.Be very aware!!

Offline slartibartfast

Dogs
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 18:23:31 PM »
Any chnace it is related to the burglary thread ?     Put dogs out of action in preperation for a break-in ?

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Dogs
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 20:05:45 PM »
[:(!] There really are some rotten b*stards about, harming innocent animals [:(!] hope their bits shrivel up & drop off : :)

Offline tetmeister

Dogs
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 20:49:53 PM »
It seems the incidents are not related,as none of the dogs killed are from villas that have then been burgled.Also,friends who were burgled whilst out one evening,had their dog sprayed and knocked out before the burglars entered the premise!Keep them eyes and ears open boys and girls,a neighbourhood watch type scheme may be a sensible reaction.As Shaw tayler once said," keep em peeled".

Offline ovaciksarah

Dogs
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 13:14:12 PM »
Usually they use meat which is poisoned, near fields etc, especially now there are so many wild boar and they are in the valley in the winter, and they can wreck the area in a night.  You are normally ok if you walk your dogs in the mountain in the forest, but not in the villages or valley.  Remember, ogs can smell what they think is a treat a mile off and will have scoffed it before you can act.

Offline antonia1966

Dogs
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 14:28:43 PM »
Hi,sadly there has been another dog found on the grounds of a villa up near Mountain Breeze III, dead. Not sure if this is a stray,  This was not there 2 days ago, and there are also 2 cats dead on the perimeter wall. Whilst I try to understand why this is happening, how do you explain this to your 4 year old, who is enjoying exploring the mountain with her pet dog? She told me to call a dog doctor and he will make them better again. I don't let our dog of the lead at all now, for fear of her finding something, that she thinks is tasty!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf