Author Topic: Changes to MOT system?  (Read 3709 times)

Offline apollo

Changes to MOT system?
« on: March 10, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
The Fethiye Times have written a good article on the new TÜV system.

We have just had to renewed our vehicle registration and insurance. During the registration process we have been told that you don't have to go the tax office for document and outstanding debt check but you can go directly to the test station.

Has anyone had experience of this?

Offline apollo

Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »
PS I forgot to add that this information came from the agent and not the tax office.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 17:09:18 PM »
i was told that, got the form from the tax office,  went to the test station and wasnt asked for it!!

Offline apollo

Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 22:08:50 PM »
Thanks Stuart, we will try our luck on Thursday.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 15:07:47 PM »
I have just sold our car, yesterday, (2nd car I have sold here, same procedure) & as far as I know, that is the only time you have to visit the Maliye, (Tax Office)in order to ascertain whether you have any outstanding fines, debts etc. against your vehicle, & then go to the Notary, (where I,as the seller, paid nothing), only the buyer paid. The new T.U.V. has nothing to do with the possibility of debts against your vehicle, only the road worthiness,now there's a bloody joke!
By the way, be warned, some people say that a Residency Permit is no longer required to BUY a vehicle here, be that as it may, but I had to produce my Residency Permit yesterday in order to SELL my car!!
Happy Motoring,
Gordy.
P.S. if you do need to ascertain whether or not you have any outstanding fines, debts etc. go to the 3rd clerk on your left, & say; 'Borc Yok, Satis Ici', (Borch Yok, Satish Echee), which means 'No debts, for  sale'.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 17:57:29 PM »
Gordon when I bought my car just before Christmas they ask me if I had a residencey permit when I said no. The lady said that was no problem just needed my passport, that said I know how quickly things change here.
Mark

Offline kevin b

Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 18:05:01 PM »
Mark how much did legalwork cost you to to buy car?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 18:22:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by karaokemark

Gordon when I bought my car just before Christmas they ask me if I had a residencey permit when I said no. The lady said that was no problem just needed my passport, that said I know how quickly things change here.
Mark

Mark

That is all very interesting, but Gordon is not disputing that, he is agreeing in fact - his point is that where you may not need residency to BUY a car, he learned that you appear to need it to SELL a car.

:D

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 23:19:51 PM »
Keith I was just veryfying what Gordon had said,Kevin I will check the details and let you know the costs
Mark
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 23:30:43 PM by karaokemark »

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 13:17:55 PM »
The very 1st thing the clerk asked for was my Residency Permit, never even cast a glance at my Passport!! Then he took the green form that declared no debts owing, 15 minutes later, I was on my merry way. Strange how nothing is ever the same for everyone out here :o
Gordy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf