Author Topic: Call Centre  (Read 805 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Call Centre
« on: March 15, 2009, 21:30:22 PM »
I know I posted a series of these some time ago, but any excuse to have a moan. Here's first one............

What kind of places must they be - modern day sweat shops - populated by morons in some back water in India - morons who can barely speak English and worse yet don't understand Dingwallean

There you are - you've dialled - there's a definite connection tone - and you're just about to speak when you hear the dread words - " thank you for calling the complete-waste-of time-centre - you're call may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes"

Please select one of the following - press one for sales - press two for parts - press three for extended warranties - press four for after-sales services - press five for faults press six to hear these options again - hear them again - you're not serious.

Press seven if you're losing the will to live and are suicidal - your call will be redirected automatically to the samaritans -- or hold for one of our operators - then they have the temerity to subject you to two or three minutes of Greensleeves or worse Daniel bloody O'Donnell - if I want to listen to him I'll buy one of his CD's - then  they announce - with more than a hint of arrogance I've often thought - we are experiencing a large volume of calls at the moment - and all of our operators are busy - what both of them - employ enough people to answer the number of calls - why don't you - and by the way  if I want to choose from a menu I'll go to my favourite restaurant - thanks very much.

Incidently - I pressed option seven once - the one that redirects you automatically to the Samaritans - and it works - honestly - a sympathetic voice answered - "thank you for calling the Samaritans - press one for slashing wrists - press two for bridge jumping :::.. aghhhh

Offline Akasya

Call Centre
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:41:21 AM »
Highlander, please do not blame tge staff, they are employed because they are cheap, and will be mis led into believing they do a good job. Rather blame the Uk companies who want to hive off jobs offshore as cheaply as possible. Shameful that New Labour allow these big name " we love our customers " companies to export jobs. GB Plc is now suffering partly because hundreds of thousands of jobs have been sent abroad, for bugger all benefit to this country. How amny directors got a big bonus for being able to say " i got rid of x thousand jobs, saving x thousands for the company".
The honest, hard working Uk worker gets sold out again and again.
Thanks a lot Blair and Brown. Tragically the other lot won't be much different.
Steve.

Offline GrantT

Call Centre
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 12:35:29 PM »
Annoying as it may be (and I agree it is very annoying), they are far from 'morons'. They are normally highly educated people. Could you even try to answer a query or complaint from someone in another country speaking a foreign language ? It is the companies that have offshored to save costs, and given them inadequate training that are to blame.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Call Centre
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 14:57:23 PM »
My post was intended to be "humorous". However the term "morons" seems to have caused some offence and I am therefore happy to retract it.

My next posts unde this topic will be predomiantely moaning about women, so I suppose a can look forward to an even more vociferous response. ;).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf