Author Topic: Military checks for house sales  (Read 2141 times)

Offline drummy

Military checks for house sales
« on: April 05, 2009, 23:36:00 PM »
Hello All, my solicitor contacted the military in mid November 2008 for the usual checks on the person buying my house. We still have heard nothing and wandered if this is the 'norm'. I have asked my solicitor if they can contact the military but was informed that it can take upto 5 months and possibly longer...is this correct?

Is it possible to contact the military direct to ask how they are progressing with the checks rather than wait for my solicitor to contact me.

I ask because the buyer is getting very frustrated and I do not want to lose this sale especially when a buyer is currently a rare thing.

Any advice is very appreciated

Thank you

Drummy

Offline busybee

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 06:18:00 AM »
This amount of time is about the norm.  Dont think you can contact the army urself(someone will correct me if Im wrong).  I would ask chase ur soliciitor and ask for a progress report, as after all he is working for you.  Perhaps he could email ur buyer and explain this is this amount of time is normal.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 09:00:37 AM »
Ours was applied for mid November and came through last week.

Offline drummy

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 20:21:02 PM »
Many thanks busybee, littleredevil that info puts my mind at rest and I will pass on to my buyer that yours came through last week after checks began at the same time in mid november.

Drummy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf