Author Topic: Facilities  (Read 4662 times)

Offline geordieboy

Facilities
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 15:00:17 PM »
Maybe a tax on the tourists so as not to burden the expats,or we could all downgrade and move down to Calis. Joke,honest.: :).

Offline minimoo

Facilities
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 16:51:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the taxes paid by buinesses and home owners/renters is more than enough to pay for the work that needs to be done, it's just a case of getting it done. Like I said before, these things take time, and you can not expect it to happen overnight. Personally I have seen major improvements in the 4 years I have been here.

I think expats pay enough here already, and tourists already say the area is getting too expensive, so please lets not give them reason to stay away.

Offline davidzz

Facilities
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 21:28:36 PM »
I agree tourism tax would have a negative affect on visitors to the area.  
quote:
I think expats pay enough here already

Do ex-pats pay a higher tax than the locals?

Offline minimoo

Facilities
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 06:12:40 AM »
No expats do not pay more than locals (sorry that was misleading) it was just that someone suggested an expat tax, but they are already paying council taxes, and with water and electric bills rising all the time, and the interest rate on savings going down, things are already tight for many (locals too) and think it would be unfair to choose any one particular group to tax.

Offline pasha

Facilities
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 17:55:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by davidzz

Do ex-pats pay a higher tax than the locals?

No, but we do have the burden of residency charges (about 500.00TL per annum).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 17:56:48 PM by pasha »

Offline brianthegardener

Facilities
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 20:33:20 PM »
Yes Minnimoo someone did suggest an ex-pat tax, but i think a better tax is that all people that do not live here but do have property here, wether villa or apartment and rent out there propertys  pay DOUBLE tax..half the tax to the goverment on income earned from renting there property and the other half to the council for better improvements, sorry, no quicker improvements, that way people that dont live here can moan on about the lack of improvements or quickness of improvements and leave the rest of us that live here, who are happy with the present improvements, in general, to continue to live in peace and harmoney .......yes of course im joking...but an ex-pat tax has got to be a joke to..hasnt it Davidzz:D:D

Offline BabaYard

Facilities
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »
Brian, for every day that you spend your Lira, and typically pay more than the Turks, you are already paying an ex-pat tax! You may of course be more than happy with this, but it's a fact that is difficult to dispute. The very fact that you are living in Turkey, and own a property is due to it being a tourist area (myself included), and in the short, or long term, foriegn tourists will always pay more for everything. Despite who you know, and how many years you have been living in harmony  ;)

In general, all of the Fethiye area is improving slowly, as it should.

Offline tetmeister

Facilities
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 09:36:29 AM »
Just to draw some conclusion on this topic,indeed there is work being done in the area.And yes ,the main sewage system would make putting down proper roads at this time a waste of money.But rec facilities,particularly for saucepans,decent street lighting( we've had six break ins and attempteds by us,and its as black as newgates knocker),and paths so that I can wear me heels when going out( oop's!) would be a good start.Indeed,I have got 12 residents living where I am to fill in Street lighting application forms,and with a turkish buddy/neighbour of mine,dropped them into Tedas.Be lucky.

Offline davidzz

Facilities
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 19:40:59 PM »
I must admit I like the place how it is/how it was so I do not see the need to increase revenue to pay for the facilities mentioned. My suggestion of who should pay was mearly based on comments of those who want roads and facilities like they had in England. I don't know anyone, who has visited Ovacik, that has ever complained about the facilities. Thats why they return and presumably why some decide to move there. I would agree with a percentage of rental tax going to the municipal council but to double the tax would lead to increase rental charges which would be a stealth tourist tax. Would someone visiting the area really notice the difference in facilities? I think not. I could not really tell, off the top of my head,  what facilities have been added in the past 5 years, does not mean there has not been any, its just not as important as the love I have for the place and the people.

David

Offline Bouncer

Facilities
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 20:47:36 PM »
Well said davidzz!!!!!!!
I fell in love with the area 10 years ago & the more it becomes like Blighty the more I will be looking to sell up & move on to pastures new!!!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf