Author Topic: Erotic Shop  (Read 9022 times)

Offline kaptainkrunchie

Erotic Shop
« on: April 25, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »
Ovacik has just got its first Erotic shop opposite Wishy Washy laundry near the 4 Seasons restaurant!!!

Not discrete but totally in your face with a huge sign outside on the main road

Not a prude at all but don't they realise this is mainly a family resort.

Offline minimoo

Erotic Shop
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »
I also saw this, and was highly surprised they have been allowed to open here. I don't think it's just the holidaying families that we need to worry about being offended either, what about the locals? How are they going to feel about this?

I believe they also have/had a shop down in Fethiye (not that I have been looking) but it must have been hidden away in one of the larger buildings somewhere. In my opinion, if someone wants to open this kind of shop, they need to do it discreetly so as not to offend anyone.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Erotic Shop
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
I s'pose the next thing we're gonna be seein' in Ovacik and Hisaronu will be drunken, fat, tattoed Brits with their sprogs and husbands in tow.

:D ;):D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:02:11 AM by KKOB »

Offline Linda

Erotic Shop
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by minimoo

I also saw this, and was highly surprised they have been allowed to open here. I don't think it's just the holidaying families that we need to worry about being offended either, what about the locals? How are they going to feel about this?

I believe they also have/had a shop down in Fethiye (not that I have been looking) but it must have been hidden away in one of the larger buildings somewhere. In my opinion, if someone wants to open this kind of shop, they need to do it discreetly so as not to offend anyone.

Quite agree Minimoo and I think a word in the Baskans ear from some of the local business' who he looked to support for in the recent election is what is called for, as well as from the British contingent who live here. I'm aware that Keramettin is very keen to up the standard of the area and is actively supporting reputable business' by attending the opening nights. His presence was conspicous by his absence at the opening of this one I'm sure that this type of establishment will not last long at all !

Offline ted molloy

Erotic Shop
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 16:31:31 PM »
I sense some bad vibes down in Ovacik :o

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Erotic Shop
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 16:41:28 PM »
Ted,

Jack it in, stop Rabbitin' !
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 16:42:01 PM by KKOB »

Offline Linda1953

Erotic Shop
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 17:10:00 PM »
Loads up her in Istanbul and Im not offended - they are high up though you got to crane your neck to look in the window!

Well lets face it thats what half the Brit tourists are there for in Ovacik isnt it as in Hisaronu? They dont just come for çay and a sandwhich. Especially the big fat brits with their men in tow!  Why be upset about it? You should see some of the obscene Tshirts they are selling in Hisaronu by the LOCALS! I know one or two LOCALS in Ovacik that will be hot footing it down there to be first in the queue!  

Also dont worry about the people here they are not all ''holier than thou'' as you think! And probably laughing their heads off about it.  

Sorry KKOB Ive rabbitted again LOL  

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Erotic Shop
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 21:58:48 PM »
Linda.Was the first line of your posting intentional.?I'm still smiling. :o :o :)

Offline BabaYard

Erotic Shop
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 23:21:34 PM »
Just so we are clear.. Is this an erotic shop i.e. Rabbits and Lace, or is it an 'Erocuic / Massage / how much for extra's type place?'

I think Linda meant - 'Loads up here in Istanbul'  ;) - Byzantine / Constantinnople - Asiam Minor / Where East meets west.....A real international city, and not just a tourist resort..

Our place is in Ovacik, and I have to say, we already have the fish and chips, the drag shows and the Sunday roasts, so of this is just an extension of an Ann Summers shop - what's the big deal?? The Nurses outfits and Suspenders are on display in every UK high street, so why not in a  Secular, Muslim country that is trying to please it's demographic customers? The Four Seasons Restaurants is opposite with renditions of Neil Diamond every night - the same as you get in every pub /  high street in the UK. When the belly dancers turn up in the bars and restaurants, and you cheer, as your husband or wife gets to strut their stuff in a very provocative manner (in front of the children) you say, Turkiye Seviyourum!

C'mon guys, if you speak to any native Turk, they will tell you that before the tourists arrived (that's holiday home owners and full time ex-pats alike) they used to either live off the land, or be employed as farmers. As I've said many times before, tourism is the reason we have a love for Turkey, a home in Turkey, or indeed a web site dedicated to a tourist resort in Turkey. Lets not be too romantic.. Let's not extend the story so far that we 'bought a place in the Turkish mountains and now the locals are trying to ruin it!' If you are fluent in the language, and culture (i.e. a strict Muslim) then you wouldn't be anywhere near Hissy / Ovacik - so pull your head out of your arse! Who are you to say what local businesses should be there. We don't have a vote, so if you don't like it.... They may offend you, but think of how you talk about the foreigners in your own country.

If an ethic minority walked into your tourist town ,and started dictating what should and shouldn't be there, you would soon throw a Hissy Fit, let a lone a hissy moan!!

I'm happy to be 'flamed on this one, but before you post, have a close look at your own values and conscience..

You bought your place in Turkey because the sun shines, generally the people are great, and it's kind of like home, and it was much cheaper than Spain / Portugal, but in a different sort of way. No one would open a shop to offend, only to please, and therefore make money. If this is a case of mistaken opportunity, then on reflection, what does this say about the western culture? The answer is all good - and for a Muslim country to be brave and open enough to try it, well I applaud them! Why don't some of you, oh so experienced ex-pats go try to talk to these people on their own language, you know, try to get the inside take on this. What, what, you mean you can't speak the language, only a Merhaba, Problem Yok, or a iyi aksamalar. You lazy, hypocritical b-stards, who do you think you are?

I hope you are laughing as much as me - Many a true work said in jest (or when urinated)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Erotic Shop
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 00:01:58 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kevin3

Linda.Was the first line of your posting intentional.?I'm still smiling. :o :o :)

:D Me too, ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf