Author Topic: Sailing from Fethiye to Rhodes  (Read 2723 times)

Offline moggy

Sailing from Fethiye to Rhodes
« on: May 07, 2009, 17:40:14 PM »
Hello all,can anyone advise me on the sailing times over to Rhodes 18th/19th  of May 09 from Fethiye.We would like to go for 2 nights who do you book with and how long does it take to get there?
   we would appreciate any information ,thanks Moggy

Offline col

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 17:43:36 PM »
I checked a website for this last week, I have freinds wanting to come here from Rhodes. But, it looks like the service does not start till June, but maybe someone else may be updated on this!

quote:
Originally posted by moggy

Hello all,can anyone advise me on the sailing times over to Rhodes 18th/19th  of May 09 from Fethiye.We would like to go for 2 nights who do you book with and how long does it take to get there?
   we would appreciate any information ,thanks Moggy

Offline moggy

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 21:19:36 PM »
thanks Col

Offline poppy50

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 12:52:43 PM »
Hi

Looking into doing this trip myself.  Mango Rooms, coming up as a cost effective place to stay.  It tends to be basic, cheap and right in the centre of Rhodes.  

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 13:50:13 PM »
Last I heard was that the Flying Poseidon was in drydock in Marmaris have major surgery done on it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 13:50:37 PM by KKOB »

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:42:08 AM »
The poseidon service according to my friendly travel agent starts on 16 May.Travel time is about one and a half hours (in good weather) Very often on the return journey they will say the sea is a bit rough and slow down.then it takes about three hours.Basicaly she is a bit old,parts have  to be found or made and fuel is expensive.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »
We have been lucky with the Poseidon and always had good weather so never experienced the 3 hour trip.  We love the way the Captain comes on board looking so immaculate in his crisp whites just like the Captain of the Q.E.2.  We often say what an effort he makes and how good he looks, he really takes a pride in his job.  
Poppy, look up the Mango Rooms on Tripadvisor.com  seems it is advertised under "Hostels" and there is a problem with the showers in the rooms being over the toilets.  However, it seems, in general, to get good write-ups.  We always stay in the same Hotel in Rhodes which we keep a state secret as it's so lovely we don't want the world to know about it, so they will always have space for us.
Jacqui.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 08:22:10 AM »
Latest on Rhodes,Def on 16th may and sailings Tuesdays,thursdays and fridays, info from Yesil this AM.If anyone fancies a nosey in the cockpit,the capt usually obliges.

Offline poppy50

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 21:38:04 PM »
Thanks Jaqui for the info.  Perhaps look at Lindos instead.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf