Author Topic: Introduction and villa query  (Read 1858 times)

Offline cazandco

Introduction and villa query
« on: May 11, 2009, 17:00:42 PM »
Hi all, I actually joined this forum last year looking for info on Calis before our family holiday there last June, but never posted. I lost my log in details and have had to re-regiser. What was supposed to be probably the last holiday we could convince our kids to come on with us turned out to be a bit of a disaster, the villa we rented was actually in Koca Calis/Ciflik very close to Club Turquaz Garden Hotel and slighty remote...a little too remote as it turned out as on evening 3 of our 17 night holiday we were broken into while out. They chiselled into the concrete around the security grille on one of the patio doors to gain access and as the villa at that time had no safe deposit box we lost a huge amount of stuff (around £1300 worth in total). It left the kids feeling very unsettled and insecure and we actually came home after just a week :(

However we loved the little of the area we did see and really enjoyed eating at was Suats 1881 so my husband and myself found ourselves a cheap 10 day break at the Pelin Hotel a few weeks later. We loved being nearer the centre of Calis and are hoping to return this summer. We've managed to persuade all 3 kids to come with us by agreeing they can bring friends..not so much kids really as we have 2 boys of 20 and 19 and a daughter of 16!

Anyway, I've spent weeks looking for suitable villas in the right location and with a largish pool (at least 8x4 and preferably larger as the kids spent a lot of time in the pool last year), with at least 4 bedrooms (to sleep 8) and still available for 2 weeks starting around 25th June. I know there are loads of villas about Calis but can't seem to find many that fit the bill. After our disaster we'd really prefer to be more central. I have found one on a complex of 10 with a small private pool and a larger communal one, which would possibly suit but does anyone have, or are able to recommend a villa that would fit the bill please.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself properly as well as putting my query to you all.

Offline cazandco

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:19:37 AM »
Well we made it! Scrapped the idea of a villa in the end as the 2 of the kids and their friends backed out of coming. Ended up in the Seketur for 10 days from 25th June with my hubby, daugher and her friend. Absolutely loved it!! The location and the staff were great, still love the idea of a villa holiday with own pool and access to a washing machine and drink making etc. but had forgotten the ease of a hotel holiday. Despite booking half board we ate out most nights and have to say we had a fantastic fillet steak at Mutlu's in Koca Calis, excellent value too, he even remembered us from last year which was lovely...just a shame we only managed one visit. Been back almost 6 weeks now and itching to return already...think thats nexts years holiday location sorted!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 01:22:42 AM by cazandco »

Offline mitch

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 21:15:25 PM »
Hi.  I'd like to introduce myself.  I am new to this forum, but having just returned from our second holiday in Clais was keen to check out other people's experiences.  We loved Calis and were there in July with our two young children (both under five).  We had a similar experience however to the person who started this discussion and I just wanted to alert others.  We booked our accommodation online through Starfish Lettings and stayed at Aqua Apartments.  The duplex apartment was very modern, clean and well equipped, set in well maintained gardens with a pool; but unfortunately the letting agency deemed functioning locks to be an optional extra.  We were not provided with that option (despite daily requests)!  

One of the doors to the apartment was left unlocked on our arrival and we were not given a key for it at all during our two week stay.  Which obviously left us very vulnerable with two young children and the master bedroom being on a different floor from the other two (one of which was unlocked) on the floor below.  Despite my husband sleeping downstairs with my daughter (for obvious security reasons), we were burgled twice in two days.  Thank God it was only material stuff that went and not my babies!  Starfish Lettings still failed to rectify the lock situation. My point is that we would highly recommend a visit to Calis, but wanted to warn others so they did not find themselves in a similar, or God forbid, worse situation than us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf