Author Topic: DOGS  (Read 6359 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
DOGS
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 11:26:30 AM »
I have to agree SunnyD - whilst not a huge problem in uzumlu, there have been occasions when the barking has got too much.  But I would much prefer to know that the dogs are there - because as soon as anyone walks down the lane they go loopy and alert us to unwanted 'visitors'.  Street dogs deserve your kindness - its not their fault they have to live the lives they do :(

Offline tetmeister

DOGS
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 15:13:53 PM »
Fair comment.But the burglars around here poison the dogs before breaking in.These dogs are allowed to wander or be vocal at all hours day and nite.i've got a detterant under my bed for burglars which I call " Big Arry",far better than any dog.I love dogs,but owners need to be responsible and bear in mind neighbours who may not want to hear them barking 24/7.dogs to ward off,be loving pets,but not be allowed to bark all day and nite for no reason.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnyd

If you have a problem with noise from dogs do as KKOB suggested and report the matter.

I have dogs all around where I live, but I too get quite fed up with all the barking day and night. Last week I was woken about 3 times between 01.00am and 5.00am and made my mind up that enough was enough! : :) I spoke to my neighbour and asked him to keep his dog indoors during the night as it barks constantly..(and even if there's nothing there!) He said that was fine with him BUT that night someone had entered our garden and was looking around the front of our houses. His dog was barking away.. woke him up and he went out, this stranger said that he was looking for an address .... at about 3.00am!!  8) my neighbour opened the gate to his balcony and his dog chased the guy out of the garden and down the street! :D
Needless to say that the dog can bark away to it's hearts content....

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
DOGS
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 07:51:26 AM »
Wild Dog/ street dog, whats the dif.There certainly are packs of street dogs in calis, and surrounding area.We have a mini pack of three that "guard" a small junction.Come pedestrian,car or bicycle they yap/bark their heads off.Walk in many of the side roads and they may be ok in the daytime,but always agressive at night.We have eaten in many restruarants where dogs are allowed to walk the tables for food.If you happen to be in one when they start to fight under the tables watch out.In the area around Seaside props there is a pack of about ten,if you are with your dog watch out.There should be a major cull of dogs out and about with no lead on or owner with them.No owner no release!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
DOGS
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 08:48:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by captainjonThere should be a major cull of dogs out and about with no lead on or owner with them.

Which method would you advocate then Captain, a bit of indiscriminate poisoning or a Redneck Style shooting party ? [:(!] Add a new attraction to the Jeep Safaris ?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:49:08 AM by KKOB »

Offline AndyLin

DOGS
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 09:57:10 AM »
As dog lover I do not agree with the culling of the dogs by poisoning or shooting but something should be done, as nothing worse that sitting at a table eating and the people across from you are feeding a dog, then shoo it away when they get feed up of it. When you then ask them not to feed the dogs you get a mouth full of verbal from them. Then what makes it worse is their parting line of "We live Here", well so do a lot of us and we know better that to feed a dog in restarant
Lin

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
DOGS
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 11:13:12 AM »
We've had 2 of our dogs killed by poisoning in the past and, believe me, it's not a nice thing watch. We've also had one shot and seriously wounded.

Dogs, and most other animals, will gather where there are easy pickings. If restaurants stop them entering the premises they'll eventually learn to stay away.

I'm a dog lover and, as most people on here will know, we've got 4 dogs, 2 of which are "rescues". But, I don't feed dogs or cats at restaurants. It's unfair to them and to other customers.

As the FHDD's neuter and return scheme progresses, fewer animal are roaming the streets.

However, it doesn't help when thoughtless owners abandon the cute little puppies , that they got to attract customers into their shop or restaurant, when the season comes to an end.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:16:01 AM by KKOB »

Offline AndyLin

DOGS
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »
My uncle lives in Ovacik and a couple of years ago both his golden retrivers were poisoned only 1 survived, I know what it's like to lose a pet to this

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
DOGS
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 15:20:31 PM »
Hello KKOD,It seems to me you are sitting on the fence.I am a dog lover and an ex dog handler.You are not compering like with like.If you own a dog/s and are a lover, keep them on a lead or at home on a running leash if they are a part time guard dog.Before lots of dog lovers invaded this area you may be offended to know they were shot!.Neutering will not succeed because the locals see pups as a good source of income,so they let street dogs breed uncontrolled,or they steal them and offer them to soft brits,who they see petting them,feeding them at bars etc.If you have a better answer to the problem that will work.Come up with it.Sorry, do not mean to be rude,but a damn site more people in calis have been bitten than I think most people realise or are prepared to acknowledge

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
DOGS
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 18:13:22 PM »
Our friends have two very well behaved dogs in Calis,and I always maintain there are problems more with the owners than the dogs.As someone has already stated it's not some of the dogs wish to be abandoned.We are not animal lovers but I hate to see any mistreated.We also thought that the numbers had decreased in the 4 years we have been coming to Calis,and credit should go to the people who help out with their wellbeing.

Lin -  nice to read a sensible and considerate reply about feeding dogs from the tables in restaurants -  from a dog lover ! However can't imagine you getting a load of verbal, ex military and all that  :D    Badger   :)

Offline antonia1966

DOGS
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 10:31:21 AM »
To take this thread back to the original problem raised by my other half.  I have been brought up with dogs and have had dogs of my own.  As a responsible dog owner, you don't allow it to bark all day and night.  Dogs are a deterrant, they should be seen and not heard, until necessary. If a dog barks all day/night you tend to ignore it!! If you have a well behaved dog and it starts to bark you know there must be a reason.  Its like a neighbour having a house alarm that goes off permantly, you ignore it, because its always going off!!! All we are asking is, if your dog barks, tell it to stop, if it doesn't take it in. Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf