Author Topic: DOGS  (Read 6352 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DOGS
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »
What I always wondered about dogs barking at night over there was, while it is keeping the whole neighbourhood awake in the small hours, are the owners unaffected and the only people fast asleep? Seemed so to me... if it was my dog surely it's barking would cause the greatest irritation to me, because I am the nearest to it?

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
DOGS
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »
Often  thought this Keith

and reminds me of a snippet from The Blues Brothers where Jake says to Elwood as he looks out of a bedsit window at a bridge with trains continually going back and forth - How often do the trains run ? Elwood replies -so often you won't even notice  :)

Sorry--  Back to the dogs
                                 Badger

Offline ovaciksarah

DOGS
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 17:55:02 PM »
I own 3 dogs in Ovacik 2 of which were street puppies, they only bark if someone comes round, or in the night as one sleeps on the top balcony, however, this morning all hell broke loose at 5.30, and yes we do go to have a look, 3 huge wild boars trotting up the road, but might have been a burglar.  I think you,ll find that the dogs that bark day and night usually belong to Turks on a 3foot chain day and night, slowly going mental.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
DOGS
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 11:57:27 AM »
Try sending an email to the mayor's office at baskan@oludeniz.bel.tr

Offline littlereddevil

DOGS
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 12:16:57 PM »
There is nothing more annoying than barking dogs and like Scunner says why doesn't it bother the owners ?

Offline tetmeister

DOGS
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 10:59:01 AM »
Because they are out most of the time **ss!ing it up the wall.The dogs aren't really the problem,its thoughtless owners more of the time.I might take my angle grinder over at 4 in the morning and cut up lengths of re-bar outside their gates.
quote:
Originally posted by littlereddevil

There is nothing more annoying than barking dogs and like Scunner says why doesn't it bother the owners ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DOGS
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 11:11:23 AM »
Well my neighbours were never out "**ssing it up the wall". All Turkish dog owners are out getting drunk all night? What a ridiculous comment.

Offline tetmeister

DOGS
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 19:47:54 PM »
Scunner,they're not Turkish owners.English owners,who also let their dogs mess everywhere.A friend of mine was run off his scooter last year by one such owners dog.Some basic common sense and courtesy to others needs to prevail.
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Well my neighbours were never out "**ssing it up the wall". All Turkish dog owners are out getting drunk all night? What a ridiculous comment.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DOGS
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 19:50:11 PM »
Ah well English, I take it all back  ;)

Offline tetmeister

DOGS
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 20:00:12 PM »
apology accepted scunner.Also,as my other arf pointed out,no-one takes any particular notice of a constantly barking dog regarding intruders,as they accept it as being the norm.Think I'll get a peacock!
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Ah well English, I take it all back  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf