Author Topic: Trying to get authority to enforce the law  (Read 5992 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Trying to get authority to enforce the law
« on: May 22, 2009, 22:42:28 PM »
For 3 years i have been having this running battle with a bus company that has rented a house on our road and has turned the place into a bus station. I have complained to the Mayor;the Zabita and jandarma.

Initially a No parking sign was erected so I thought that would be the end of it. But no it is impossible to get anyone to ensure the no parking. The Zabita says it is the jandarma and the jandarma say it is the Zabita so the buses conyinue to park outside my door. They come and go at all hours.

I cannot find out who I need to bribe to get action.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 15:03:27 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 22:51:30 PM »
Did you introduce yourself to the mayor.    8)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 23:01:06 PM »
Yes I have been to see at least 8 times about the problem. Still gives me the same old crap I will speak to the Zabita. I have provided him with photos of the problem.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 23:04:22 PM »
I think the question was posed because you came here ranting and didn't think to introduce yourself.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 23:20:57 PM »
It is not a rant it is a statement of fact and frustration about trying to get authority to do something.

Offline karenr

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 23:27:57 PM »
Hi,
We have the same problem just down from the Sefa Motel by the second Mosque from H. People who live out there full time have complained. It looks like a coach park and they leave at all hours of the night!! There is one coach driver that has a little wooden chair and sits outside the bus with a mirror and has a shave on a morning. We have had 11 coaches there at most. It started off with one. I understand they have to pay to park up at the petrol station and other places they have had provided. There are plenty of places to officially park.....there just parking anywhere for free. I didnt mind one or two but 11 is not good. I understand and appreciate your frustration. Perhaps were talking about the same venue!!! or it just happens a lot more than we think. I know are problem was somewhere else and desended into our views.

Offline karenr

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 23:31:44 PM »
just noticed were not talking same venue....its obviously more common than I thought......hope you sort it. Its bad enough when I see it on our visits, think Id crumble if it was full time all the time like yourself.I wish you well

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 23:38:22 PM »
Hi
Yes we are talking about the same bus company.Last week when walking the dog one of the drivers was changing his trousers behind the bus. I have also seen them using it as a toilet. They have to pay at the petrol station. The mayors excuse is that the parking space at the petrol station is too small. It always has plenty of space. So why should any bus company pay for parking if they are allowed to do park anywhere providing it is not near a Nicholas estate for nothing.

If you would like to discuss further face to face I am sure we can arrange it. maybe a joint effort is needed.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 15:13:06 PM »
Why are this company allowed to park where they do and yet other coach companies have to use the coach park?

Does this mean that any business can come into the area and park coaches all over the roads?

Does this company pay any money to the local authorities for the right to park as they do? Who would be the person giving them the right to act in this way?

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 17:09:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

Why are this company allowed to park where they do and yet other coach companies have to use the coach park?

Does this mean that any business can come into the area and park coaches all over the roads?

Does this company pay any money to the local authorities for the right to park as they do? Who would be the person giving them the right to act in this way?

Have you thought of asking the Mayor these questions..im sure no one on this forum can answer them.[?]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf