Author Topic: Trying to get authority to enforce the law  (Read 6023 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Trying to get authority to enforce the law
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 20:32:03 PM »
I understand the Mayor has been approached on numerous occasions and a petition was written and signed by both British and Turkish residents in the area and presented to him.

Very puzzled why it is still allowed. A company called Turser just seems to be able to do what it likes and park anywhere.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 09:49:10 AM »
Daffodil is correct in that numerous attempts have been made and I have seen the Mayor with my Turkish naighbour at least 5 times. I do not know what hold they have on the local authority and the Mayor. What is even a bigger puzzle is that when we had the local elections in March Turser sent a bus to the Ovacik area that was used to canvas for the AK party and this is not the Mayors party.

Because I have been contacting the Zabita and the jandarma about this parking Turser tried to land me in trouble. They phoned the jandarma and said I damaged one of their buses on Saturday evening. I was taken off by the jandarma and questioned. When I asked for proof or could I see the damage I was told they did not have proof and it is assumed that I did it because I have not been happy with them parking in the streets. When i told the Jandarma is could not have been me because I was at the Calis carnival from late afternoon to midnight they became much more reasonable. One of the jandarma was very helpful and basicallly told me that I should stop fighting this parking as the company will get the drivers together to act as wirtnesses to say I did some damage and that I could finish up in big trouble with the law. He told me he will help me but it is a battle I cannot win.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 18:55:15 PM »
And he is correct, you won`t beat them, You are a foreigner, it is THEIR country, they can do what they like, you can do as you are told, or accept the consequences.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 19:31:34 PM »
I have given up. I have put my property up for sale.

So mob rule is acceptable behaviour and breaking the law is fine as long as it is a foreigner that is urinated on.

I would hope that the police and authority in the UK would treat a foreigner fairlyand enforce the law.

Offline tetmeister

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 20:07:38 PM »
Unfortunately,i think the politically correct police in our country would actually come down on the side of the foreigner in fear of upsetting some sect or other,or indeed be seen to be an " ist" of some sort.Why does everyone clamour to the UK shores,and why are so many brits avin it on there  toes.At least here ,the Turkish people can be seen to be proud to be Turkish,and rightly so.To be seen to be proud to be British,oh no.Makes me sick.Dont envy your predicament,its fundamentally wrong.shame to have to sell up.
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

I have given up. I have put my property up for sale.

So mob rule is acceptable behaviour and breaking the law is fine as long as it is a foreigner that is urinated on.

I would hope that the police and authority in the UK would treat a foreigner fairlyand enforce the law.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 20:52:16 PM »
This is going to be the last thing I will say on this matter. I live in a great part of Ovacik. I have more Turkish naighbours  than British naighbours. We have a very nice community feeling and we get on really well.The locals have made us very welcome.I let their children use my pool during the summer. If I have a BBQ I will invite all my Turkish naighbours as well. Equally when they have Bayram they invite us and send us meat. It is not the local Turks that are causing this problem but a company that infests the area between May and October. The drivers for this company company come from other parts of the country and have no consideration fot the locals.They pay no taxes. The local Turkish people do not want them here either.

I will be sad leaving my very dear Turkish friends.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 21:02:08 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
have an idea!!! that may help email me  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 10:09:04 AM »
Acme drawing pins? I saw it on telly

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 14:06:13 PM »
lol not quite Keith :o the diplomatic route first for want of a better word :o:D

Offline karenr

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 17:07:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

Hi
Yes we are talking about the same bus company.Last week when walking the dog one of the drivers was changing his trousers behind the bus. I have also seen them using it as a toilet. They have to pay at the petrol station. The mayors excuse is that the parking space at the petrol station is too small. It always has plenty of space. So why should any bus company pay for parking if they are allowed to do park anywhere providing it is not near a Nicholas estate for nothing.

If you would like to discuss further face to face I am sure we can arrange it. maybe a joint effort is needed.

Ill PM you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf